Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Important News and Announcements are found here.
by: Shaneee
I'm happy to announce that AMD OS X will stop supporting distros of all kinds starting on March 15th (this includes HighSierraAMD and AMDHS_Installer). After that, a vanilla installation will be the only supported installation method. You can find all necessary resources for making such an install at https://kb.amd-osx.com/. Until that day, we have a grace period where distros are still supported but new users will be taught to make vanilla installs instead.

Here's why we're doing that:
Distros don't teach you anything. While they are certainly easier to use, it makes people not actually deal with macOS, they don't learn anything, and that's not what hackintoshing is about. Hackintoshing is about learning how macOS works, the importance of a bootloader and its settings and how to apply fixes specific for your hardware. It's not about having a cheap Mac. Therefore, we are transitioning away from distros.
Have a nice day!
JurassicOSX, c1-p8, Valamyr liked this

Advertising

by: gaza1994
This is a good idea!

Whats the discord? i've ran into a few issues and nothing has been answered on here :/ aha
by: gingerblah
I like this idea too. I would love to learn the why and the how. Thank you!
by: x3060
Now if all the Windows developer and Mac developers thought this way , No one on the earth will install any OS what so ever :D.
Unfortunately ,Its a bad decision though.
Let those who enjoy learning, learn. While others who don't want to tinker , Give them the easy option.
by: Pehem
I've downloaded Python 3.73, and when i want to run gibMacOs with terninal. Nothing arrive. What is the problem ?
i used Win 10. Help !
Thanks for all ideas
by: LactobacillusPrime
The windows vanilla python scripts run partially. The downloading scripts work but the rest doesn't.
Post Merged
x3060 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:47 pm
Now if all the Windows developer and Mac developers thought this way , No one on the earth will install any OS what so ever :D.
Let those who enjoy learning, learn. While others who don't want to tinker , Give them the easy option.
I tend to agree. The Vanilla tutorial is clear but the scrips don't complete or run properly on all Windows 10 machines. So creating a bootable installer that way doesn't work, probably used folders, python version etc is to blame. And for quite a few not to versed in debugging the scripts it's a no-go. So going the other route for now is the only option for some.
by: matheusmm
LactobacillusPrime wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 7:51 am
The windows vanilla python scripts run partially. The downloading scripts work but the rest doesn't.
Post Merged
x3060 wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2019 4:47 pm
I tend to agree. The Vanilla tutorial is clear but the scrips don't complete or run properly on all Windows 10 machines. So creating a bootable installer that way doesn't work, probably used folders, python version etc is to blame. And for quite a few not to versed in debugging the scripts it's a no-go. So going the other route for now is the only option for some.
That was exactly what happened to me.
So I followed and outdated guide:
viewtopic.php?f=59&t=6029
but had to use the vanilla AMD patches (which, as a newbie, I had no idea how to do).
So I was able to install 10.14.1, but I don't know if I can update to 10.14.4 or how to do so.

I updated 10.14.1 to 10.14.5 from the app store an[…]

After installing 10.14.1, the app store kept pulli[…]

try usb 2.0 Post Merged try usb 2.0 or usb 2.0[…]

INSTALLING MOJAVE

:thumbup: Post Merged :cool: