Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Important News and Announcements are found here.
by: Shaneee
So guys thanks to a very generous friend online I'll soon be able to work on the Ryzen part of the kernel and test it my self in a hope to make some important improvements. Ordered is a Ryzen 5 2400G with a Gigabyte GA-AB350-Gaming 3 motherboard.

This will enable me to collect the info I need and test on the fly any kernel adjustments once I've got it up and running.

So expect to see some kernel improvements hopefully once I'm fired up and on the go :thumbup:
AlGrey, sect0r5, Enzotron and 4 others liked this

Advertising

by: AlGrey
Great news :thumbup:
First part of the order has arrived :P I'll need to send the board off to Gigabyte once I get it to have the BIOS updated to support the new CPU though.

RagingDemon, Lin12345 liked this
by: Enzotron
Shaneee wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:44 am
First part of the order has arrived :P I'll need to send the board off to Gigabyte once I get it to have the BIOS updated to support the new CPU though.
I wonder if it would it be possible perhaps to temporarily insert a compatible GPU from your older rig just so that you can perform the Bios Upgrade yourself from within the BIOS.. with a prepared USB just wondering... could be worth a try...
I assume that perhaps the onboard CPU graphics may not be recognised by the Bios, so it may default itself to a GPU in the PCI card slot. it doesn't even have to be a Mac compatible GPU to get to see the Bios...
The newer bioses can even connect to the net to download the Bios update, so preparing a Bios update USB may not even be required... just an ethernet cable if your lucky..
just checked the Manual... no in-bios net update of bios but page 20 of the User Manual for the mother board says:
To access the BIOS Setup program, press the <Delete> key during the POST when the power is turned on. To upgrade the BIOS, use either the GIGABYTE Q-Flash or @BIOS utility.
• Q-Flash allows the user to quickly and easily upgrade or back up BIOS without entering the operating system.
so if you can get as far as a visible post, getting Q-Flash up before any OS comes into the equation, you may have yourself an upgraded bios using the file downloaded onto some usb media
Enzotron wrote:
Shaneee wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:44 am
I wonder if it would it be possible perhaps to temporarily insert a compatible GPU from your older rig just so that you can perform the Bios Upgrade yourself from within the BIOS.. with a prepared USB just wondering... could be worth a try...
I assume that perhaps the onboard CPU graphics may not be recognised by the Bios, so it may default itself to a GPU in the PCI card slot. it doesn't even have to be a Mac compatible GPU to get to see the Bios...
The newer bioses can even connect to the net to download the Bios update, so preparing a Bios update USB may not even be required... just an ethernet cable if your lucky..
just checked the Manual... no in-bios net update of bios but page 20 of the User Manual for the mother board says:
To access the BIOS Setup program, press the <Delete> key during the POST when the power is turned on. To upgrade the BIOS, use either the GIGABYTE Q-Flash or @BIOS utility.
• Q-Flash allows the user to quickly and easily upgrade or back up BIOS without entering the operating system.
so if you can get as far as a visible post, getting Q-Flash up before any OS comes into the equation, you may have yourself an upgraded bios using the file downloaded onto some usb media
The CPU it's self isn't supported in the BIOS so it won't even post unfortunately.
by: Devagya_007
you should have purchased ryzen 5 1600, totally worth spending 50 more bucks. )
by: AlGrey
@Shaneee, you can also request your "boot kit". Idk which option is faster :P
Code: Select all
https://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/2Gen-Ryzen-AM4-System-Bootup.aspx
https://support.amd.com/en-us/warranty/rma
@AlGrey, Requested it today as the CPU has arrived :thumbup:
tikizondo94 liked this
by: RagingDemon
Woo hoo! Thank Shaneee in advance for all the great work you put in and also in your own time!

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Finished driver installs with Kext Utility just t[…]

I've made an VM of High SIerra with Vmware and i[…]

Screenshot at Feb 21 15-38-21.png CPU : AMD […]

Hello, I am new to this hackintosh and i've been w[…]