Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Hiyaa all,

I am having trouble with my Ryzen Threadripper 1950X / Asus X399-E Gaming install, see the rest of specs in my signature.

I have been following this guide: https://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2707

Using SierraAMD_V5, I followed the Transmac steps to the tee and I am able to boot to the clover menu, but after choosing "Boot macOS from SierraAMD" I end up with a kernel panic (see image below).

I have checked all my bios settings and disabled the usual things.

Invalid Kernel makes me think something is not quite right with the usb stick?

Or could this be a Nvidia card issue? I haven't got any other cards or onboard graphics so may need to borrow a card..

I have a MacBook Pro and a separate windows SSD so can work in both OS's with ease. Apologies I am very new to this.

Advertising

I am also interested in this since I have a AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1920X 3.5GHz L3 Desktop Processor with a ASRock Fatal1ty X399 Professional Gaming motherboard. I also have a Ryzen 2700X that I might test it with as well.
Francis Qureshi wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:32 pm
Hiyaa all,

I am having trouble with my Ryzen Threadripper 1950X / Asus X399-E Gaming install, see the rest of specs in my signature.

I have been following this guide: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2707

Using SierraAMD_V5, I followed the Transmac steps to the tee and I am able to boot to the clover menu, but after choosing "Boot macOS from SierraAMD" I end up with a kernel panic (see image below).

I have checked all my bios settings and disabled the usual things.

Invalid Kernel makes me think something is not quite right with the usb stick?

Or could this be a Nvidia card issue? I haven't got any other cards or onboard graphics so may need to borrow a card..

I have a MacBook Pro and a separate windows SSD so can work in both OS's with ease. Apologies I am very new to this.
You're running nVidia cards but you nVdisable=1. It should be =0 i.e. it should be enabled. Another issue looks like your USBLegacy setting is disabled. It should be enabled. Try those two settings.
Hey all,
Also trying to get the Threadripper 1950x to work... a similar deal for me on the Asrock Taichi, getting the panic screen... except my error is....

panic(cpu 9 caller 0xffffff800b5ebfff): "TLB invalidation IPI timeout, unresponsive CPU bitmap: 0x800000, NMIPI acks: 0x0, now: 0x0, deadline: 8939623435"@/Users/shaneee/Desktop/xnu-4570.1.46/osfmk/x86_64/pmap.c:2761

Every time I reboot I get a different "cpu" number in the return, 9, 23, 7, etc...

Also seen a couple of these...

panic(cpu 30 caller 0xffffff8005203d1b): "Spinlock acquisition timed out: lock=0xffffff800588a810, lock owner thread=0xffffff80f9260b50, current_thread: 0xffffff80f92619c0, lock owner active on CPU 0x0, current owner: 0xffffff80f9260b50, time: 10388793477:@/Users/shaneee/Desktop/xnu-4570.1.46/osfmk/i386/locks_i386/locks_i386.c:465

Currently using the HighSierraAMD_V3, but I did delete the VoodooHDA.kext as it was failing to load every single time and I was hoping that was part of my problem... no luck yet. Any help would be much appreciated. (Also, if I need to start my own post just let me know.)
Egress liked this
I have same problem same processor but i stuck on ioconsoleusers scren cant bypass stuck here no solution found on google also no proper guide was get it from google.please some one threadripper users upload a efi folder or method to install mac in threadripper.
Egress liked this
yodamaycry wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:43 pm
Hey all,
Also trying to get the Threadripper 1950x to work... a similar deal for me on the Asrock Taichi, getting the panic screen... except my error is....

panic(cpu 9 caller 0xffffff800b5ebfff): "TLB invalidation IPI timeout, unresponsive CPU bitmap: 0x800000, NMIPI acks: 0x0, now: 0x0, deadline: 8939623435"@/Users/shaneee/Desktop/xnu-4570.1.46/osfmk/x86_64/pmap.c:2761

Every time I reboot I get a different "cpu" number in the return, 9, 23, 7, etc...

Also seen a couple of these...

panic(cpu 30 caller 0xffffff8005203d1b): "Spinlock acquisition timed out: lock=0xffffff800588a810, lock owner thread=0xffffff80f9260b50, current_thread: 0xffffff80f92619c0, lock owner active on CPU 0x0, current owner: 0xffffff80f9260b50, time: 10388793477:@/Users/shaneee/Desktop/xnu-4570.1.46/osfmk/i386/locks_i386/locks_i386.c:465

Currently using the HighSierraAMD_V3, but I did delete the VoodooHDA.kext as it was failing to load every single time and I was hoping that was part of my problem... no luck yet. Any help would be much appreciated. (Also, if I need to start my own post just let me know.)
In what slot is your video card? If it's in slot 1, move it into slot 3. With power off, of course. :thumbup:
Egress wrote:In what slot is your video card? If it's in slot 1, move it into slot 3. With power off, of course. :thumbup:
Ok, I have no idea if that helped, but it just might bloody have done! After switching to slot 3 for the GPU and taking out all hard-drives except for the one I was going to install OSX on, I finally got to the apple install screen using the AMDHS_installer_V2.dmg as my USB installer. Thing is, it took several reboots to even get there, and I wasn't really expecting it when it appeared. But once I formatted the hard drive and did the initial install, trying to boot back into the USB installer took over 25+ reboots because of the panics. I guess "persistence" is the main key with this stuff, cause I just kept trying again knowing it had worked once, no changes to the settings, and after what felt like hours it just happened to load the installer again. So if your new to this, just keep trying over and over and over, you may have the right settings already.

I guess my next question is, how do i get the WiFi working for the Taichi x399? My current build doesn't show it at all. Is that a kext I need to add before the install process, or can I add that after the OSX desktop has been reached?

Thanks to AlGrey and Egress for the help so far!
Egress liked this
Nice to hear! Sorry for long response. I've been away for a bit. If you haven't been assisted already, I'm not aware of any drivers that work with onboard WiFi or onboard BT. Edimax USB WiFi dongles work for me and so does any BT USB with a Broadcom chipset e.g. IOGear.

I'm aware several reboots are often required to get to the OSX install screen but 25+ is interesting. It suggests one might wish to play with CPU clock timing, generally lowering it a bit and paying heed to CPU related BIOS settings which can be tricky to get right. There are other possible tricks, so try to group the possibilities e.g. install internal SSD to SATA plug 1. Use a different USB plug to run the installer dongle. Very impressive! :thumbup:
How did you find us?

Hi Shane, I found you via videos on YouTube. I h[…]

OsxAptioFixDrv Error

I had the same issue, and solved it with the same […]

So it is workd ?

INTEL or AMD?

intel is more stable .. amd is also cool but its l[…]

AMD OS X Advertisements