Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

#32238
First things first, yes, this is a new thread. But this is a new problem.
So i have Sierra v5.2 loaded onto a 32gb usb, which has the enoch bootloader on, because I own a old style BIOS board.
I have tried many boot commands, with no success.
The closed i have gotten to a positive sign is using "-x -F USBFix=Yes", this is because it loaded the graphical interface with an apple logo and a bar filled with grey, beyond this is a dead trail.
If you want extra information on the solutions I have tried follow the link to my previous post here:
https://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?t=3090
Any help would be appreciated, Cheers :thumbup:
Post Merged
So with -x -F npci=0x3000 USBFix=Yes I get this?Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

 Advertising

#32257
So with -x -F npci=0x3000 USBFix=Yes I get this?Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#32259
Swap USB ports when you get that, just swap for a few seconds and then if install continues you're good, if it does not keep swapping.
#32295
That has no success, it tried to re-initialise the loading but gets confused and goes back into the command line error messages. I restarted the process in a usb 3 slot to begin the process again, with the boot commands of "-v -x npci=0x2000 USBFix=Yes" and it took an age to load, alot longer than a usb 2 slot. This leads me to believe it may of been more successful in loading the file

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


#32296
I want you to try another image, give me an hour to test it and I'll give you a link to it.
Post Merged
Here's the new version I want you to try, there's two configuration options with this so if this doesn't work I'll build a new image and upload it for you.
Code: Select all
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5sohf0f0dqfimh/SierraAMD_V5.2a%20with%20boot0af.dmg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nd7k0ltex3nos7y/SierraAMD_V5.2b%20with%20boot0ss.dmg?dl=0  
Follow this tutorial except for installing clover I'll tell you how to do that. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2707
#32319
Norton287 wrote:I want you to try another image, give me an hour to test it and I'll give you a link to it.
Post Merged
Here's the new version I want you to try, there's two configuration options with this so if this doesn't work I'll build a new image and upload it for you.
Code: Select all
 https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5sohf0f0dqfimh/SierraAMD_V5.2a%20with%20boot0af.dmg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nd7k0ltex3nos7y/SierraAMD_V5.2b%20with%20boot0ss.dmg?dl=0  
Follow this tutorial except for installing clover I'll tell you how to do that. viewtopic.php?f=24&t=2707
So far i have tried v5.2a, my internet is slow and installing the image takes its sweet time.
When trying to boot version A it fails to boot the usb, It leaves it on a flashing "_" symbol as to say it cannot load it to begin with.
I will boot version B when it is downloaded and installed onto my usb.
One more quick note, isnt clover ment for UEFI Mobo's? Or is this a different branch that will work with my board?
#32320
it's just installed to the ESP or EFI partition without UEFI parts.
#32332
Norton287 wrote:it's just installed to the ESP or EFI partition without UEFI parts.
Both files you provided do not boot :/
Image

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

#32336
ok working on an enoch alternative soon as my uploads finish I can test them, should have something for you tomorrow.
Post Merged
Ok we're gonna try V4.5 its Sierra 10.12.5, you can upgrade to .6 through it. Here's the download link:

Code: Select all
 https://we.tl/GyEjhZIzoG 
Here's the V4 tutorial but its the same for V4.5 except you don't need to copy a kernel:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1693
#32404
Norton287 wrote:ok working on an enoch alternative soon as my uploads finish I can test them, should have something for you tomorrow.
Post Merged
Ok we're gonna try V4.5 its Sierra 10.12.5, you can upgrade to .6 through it. Here's the download link:

Code: Select all
 https://we.tl/GyEjhZIzoG 
Here's the V4 tutorial but its the same for V4.5 except you don't need to copy a kernel:

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1693
So installation is all successful. But the post install is catching me up, I do the "sh /Volumes/SierraAMD/PostInstall/post.sh" and that goes fine, but it then restarts for no reason and does not allow me sufficient time to put in all of the other post install commands.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 11

[email protected] All USB ports work, :thumbup: but[…]

Hello. After 10.13.6 update, again black screen. I[…]

@mrtioiyf , right TeraScale 3 gpus are not suppo[…]

HI, I was using Gtx 970 with 1700x. But, its g[…]