• Help Needed: Fine Tuning Sierra (Choppy Graphics, Dual Monitors, Etc.)

Please remember to read and follow the rules here.

Please Donate if you've found the website useful. Thanks.

#24970  by CloudRunner
 Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:27 am
Hi everyone!

After successfully installing a dual boot of Windows 10 and Sierra on my SSD with the Enoch bootloader, I'm now ready to begin the process of fine tuning. One of my main purposes of setting up a hackintosh is audio editing, particularly with Pro Tools. So items I'd liked refined are with that in mind (or in general). For worry that I may mess everything up, and difficulty searching for solutions on the forums and elsewhere, I need some help fixing some performance issues. Those items I need help resolving are:

1) Graphics
a. Choppy Graphics: In general, graphics look “choppy” or as if in safe mode or something. This choppy look becomes more evident when viewing apps in Launchpad, scrolling up and down online (even with AMD OS X website), viewing apps in full screen, and viewing videos in full screen. I have installed the NVidia driver, WebDriver-378.05.05.15f01. And graphics for Waves audio plug-ins are completely grayed out and not visible, therefore not functional inside Pro Tools. This last item may or may not be related to the choppy graphics look.
b. Green and Yellow: Also related is the slight graphical issue described in this forum post: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=31&hilit=dual+monitors+eva to where some Finder buttons “have green and yellow/light blue lines/blocks, or just other misc. Graphics impairments.” In that post, Shandeee mentioned that “the only fix is from within the kernel and its currently being looked into.” Are there any solutions at this time about this issue?
c. Dual Monitors: I’m also not able to have both monitors display at the same time. One is HDMI and the other is DVI. The monitor that works is the one that is plugged in at bootup.
2) Audio: Sound seems to fully work after I installed VoodooHDA.kext so I don’t have issues in Pro Tools doing general audio editing. Though as mentioned above, still having the strange issue utilizing the Waves plug-ins.

Any help, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
This topic has 8 replies
You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Advertising