Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
Updated with latest progress 2020-01-23:

Thanks to amd-osx.com and hackintosh-forum.de for all the help!
screenshot_mac.png
Ryzen Mac Pro
Prozessor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
Mainboard: AsRock X570 Phantom Gaming ITX/TB3 (BIOS 2.0)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro (2x, 16GB) DDR4-3200
Storage: Corsair MP600 (1000GB) M.2 NVMe
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5500 XT Pulse 8G
Power Supply: Corsair SF600 Platinum
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Shift (Mini-ITX)
Display: LG 38WK95C-W

Bootloader: OpenCore v0.5.4

Background:
The integrated Intel Bluetooth module is fully functional. The Display is connected through USB-C (TB Port) carrying USB/Video/Audio (GPU hooked in through the DisplayPort In).
All USB Ports are working and HPET is loaded. GPU must be limited to PCIe 3.0 due to the riser cable, NVMe SSD is working with PCIe 4.0 though.

BIOS:
CSM disabled
Above 4G decoding disabled
SVM enabled

Benchmarks
Spoiler:
screenshot_cpu.png
screenshot_gpu.png
screenshot_disk.png
screenshot_lan.png
EFI
Spoiler:
ACPI
SSDT-PLUG.aml (fix CPU PM)
SSDT-XOSI.aml (fix CPU PM)
SSDT-HPET.aml (fix CPU PM)
SSDT-SBRG.aml (fix EC)
SSDT-USBX.aml (fix USB power)
SSDT-XHC.aml (rename USB controllers and port mapping)
Patch rename _OSI to XOSI

Kexts
Lilu.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
WhateverGreen.kext
AppleALC.kext (ALC1200 sound - layout 11)
SmallTree-Intel-211VA-PCIe-GBE.kext (Intel Ethernet)
IntelBluetoothInjector.kext (Intel Bluetooth)
IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext (Intel Bluetooth)
AGPMInjector.kext (proper video injection)
NVMeFix.kext (improve NVMe controller)
MacProMemoryNotificationDisabler.kext (fix memory warning)
VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext

Kernel
17h patches
AppleIntelPowerManagement patch

SMBIOS
MacPro7,1 (why not :))
For the EFI see the latest post.

Update
For latest state see https://github.com/aluveitie/RyzenMacPro
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Apophis on Mon Mar 09, 2020 11:10 am, edited 10 times in total.
flames, pmk, Gentoli and 4 others liked this

Advertising

Apophis wrote:Short update:
Thanks for the continuous support of the hackintosh-forum.de I finally got the internal bluetooth to hide from MacOS. It now uses my USB Bluetooth Dongle (without any additional modifications).
Hi, thanks for sharing! I am in a similar spot with the bluetooth, how did you manage hide the internal BT module for good?
enra enra wrote: Hi, thanks for sharing! I am in a similar spot with the bluetooth, how did you manage hide the internal BT module for good?
I've used the Hackintool (see last post for latest version in https://www.hackintosh-forum.de/forum/t ... /?pageNo=3). I've removed the assigned USB Port to have a SSDT + Kext generated by the tool. On the second try I got the right port excluded. (It's speed was listed as 12mbit/s if I remember correctly). After that the dongle worked immediately.

I can post my current EFI based on OC 0.5.4 with the USB patch later.
Thanks so much for this. I have an ASRock x570 Creator and I've got the x3950. So I'm certain my setup with work with your EFI. I did update the SSDT-EC.aml to reflect my CPU but I get to the the Open Core boot menu. Rest NVRAM pops up with Choose boot entry: then a quickly appearing Timeout and then the computer restarts. Did you have this problem? Any idea what it might be? Thanks.
Canoehead10 wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:01 am Thanks so much for this. I have an ASRock x570 Creator and I've got the x3950. So I'm certain my setup with work with your EFI. I did update the SSDT-EC.aml to reflect my CPU but I get to the the Open Core boot menu. Rest NVRAM pops up with Choose boot entry: then a quickly appearing Timeout and then the computer restarts. Did you have this problem? Any idea what it might be? Thanks.
Even though it's an AsRock, ITX boards are due their size constraint often quite different from their ATX counterparts. Especially in regards to USB (the ITX one has only 4 USB Ports on the back, but that only helps with macOS' port limit).
I guess my USB patching does not match your board in this case, try disabling/removing the USBPorts.kext and SSDT-UIAC.aml. Also, the SSDT-USBX.aml and SSDT-PLUG.aml are not required to install MacOS so better deactivate them too. My VoodooTSCSyncAMD.kext is configured for 12 cores, but since it's optional you also can deactivate that. It's best to start with the most minimal configuration and then do everything else once the machine is running and you can analyze your set up directly.

Something I also had to do was changing the USB port of the installer stick to get it to load (after installation that port worked OOB though)
Yes, I had those logs but I don’t think it was really the issue.

Check the BIOS settings. I had to disable Above 4G Decoding, after that it worked. Also, due to the Riser Cable I had to set PCIe back to 3.0. As Intel does not yet support PCIe 4.0 this might also be an issue.
Intel vs Amd, please advice.

Hi guys, Probably this question has been asked al[…]

I booted into windows for that, For wifi on Ma[…]

I'm using the same MB For the network i'm using […]

Hi all! I'm trying to install Catalina 10.15.3 but[…]