Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
How did you get sleep working I get the power light flashing but it never gets to solid light, is there a kext I'm missing. As the power light stays flashing I guess it's not graphic related and I have the b350 tomahawk, Ryzen 1600 and your config. Am I missing something, does yours work?

Edit: You're awesome, so i guessed at the system kext to make it work and now it does.
But for future how did you source the system kext is it edited for our processor or motherboards?

Advertising

I've been able to install it, even if I skipped the fase of:
"Overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist with the plist file in the folder attached to this post
Also, overwrite prelinkedkernel with the file in the folder (link in signature)."
I did not have another disk to do it

So to me the Original guide of XLNC works also for Mojave just changing files.
System works, apart audio and usb3 which needs to be fixed.
Also If I try to move the cursor forward during a Youtube video play, I'm not able to play video anymore. Probably due to Gpu missing acceleration.
Installing Win 10 in the same drive was a nightmare. Could not even start installation due to disk problems. I used every command on diskpart but nothing.
I solved installing Windows 7, again after many failed installations, and then upgrading to 10.
Once done I was able to boot into MacOs partition only after 3 times attempts.
Today I was not able anymore to booth into MacOS partition and also Windows was not able to booth correctly and I've been forced to reinstall.
Basically it seems that when booting one it mess the other.
I will pass on dual booting
--- wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:27 am
How did you get sleep working I get the power light flashing but it never gets to solid light, is there a kext I'm missing. As the power light stays flashing I guess it's not graphic related and I have the b350 tomahawk, Ryzen 1600 and your config. Am I missing something, does yours work?

Edit: You're awesome, so i guessed at the system kext to make it work and now it does.
But for future how did you source the system kext is it edited for our processor or motherboards?
I came across the System.kext thanks to the guys over at: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic ... d-testing/

Specifically, XLNC’s 10.14.1 files, found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdj8kmes6lu2e ... 1.zip?dl=0

Since Mojave for AMD is still in active development, there’s still a few kinks in the process to work out before an official installer can be made. In the meantime, this is the best way for a good installation. Usually, I’d go to: System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Untick Put hard disks to sleep when possible , then slide the Computer sleep toggle to Never to solve my sleep issue.
Post Merged
Re: [SUCCESS] Ryzen 5 1600 / Radeon RX 560 / Mojave 10.14.1
AstonJ wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:06 pm
"Overwrite com.apple.Boot.plist with the plist file in the folder attached to this post
Also, overwrite prelinkedkernel with the file in the folder (link in signature)."

Also If I try to move the cursor forward during a Youtube video play, I'm not able to play video anymore. Probably due to Gpu missing acceleration.
Installing Win 10 in the same drive was a nightmare. Could not even start installation due to disk problems. I used every command on diskpart but nothing.
I solved installing Windows 7, again after many failed installations, and then upgrading to 10.
Today I was not able anymore to booth into MacOS partition and also Windows was not able to booth correctly and I've been forced to reinstall.
Yeah for this installation, it relies solely on having another disk to edit the files correctly. As for dual-boot, it’s usually best practiced to have a separate drive for Windows because installation of Windows with MacOS installed first always has issues, primarily with the overwriting of boot partitions and disk formatting.

Either way, how’s everything running for you?
datdude717 wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:12 pm
--- wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 10:27 am

I came across the System.kext thanks to the guys over at: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic ... d-testing/

Specifically, XLNC’s 10.14.1 files, found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sdj8kmes6lu2e ... 1.zip?dl=0

Since Mojave for AMD is still in active development, there’s still a few kinks in the process to work out before an official installer can be made. In the meantime, this is the best way for a good installation. Usually, I’d go to: System Preferences -> Energy Saver -> Untick Put hard disks to sleep when possible , then slide the Computer sleep toggle to Never to solve my sleep issue.
Post Merged
Re: [SUCCESS] Ryzen 5 1600 / Radeon RX 560 / Mojave 10.14.1
AstonJ wrote:
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:06 pm

Yeah for this installation, it relies solely on having another disk to edit the files correctly. As for dual-boot, it’s usually best practiced to have a separate drive for Windows because installation of Windows with MacOS installed first always has issues, primarily with the overwriting of boot partitions and disk formatting.

Either way, how’s everything running for you?
Well buddy, I fixed also the dual boot, I'm happy :D . Your guide helped a lot! :clap:
@AstonJ, Glad I could help with your setup! :thumbup:
Hey! A bunch of these folders are missing when I created the mojave installer. Example. No .IABootfile folder. And the PrelinkedKernels folder has a whole bunch of other files in it too and it doesn't follow the video anymore because its missing all these files.

What did you do to rectify this?
EnjoyedLemon wrote:Hey! A bunch of these folders are missing when I created the mojave installer. Example. No .IABootfile folder. And the PrelinkedKernels folder has a whole bunch of other files in it too and it doesn't follow the video anymore because its missing all these files.

What did you do to rectify this?
Follow this link https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ase5g1pc0vmu ... C5S8a?dl=0

I've changed the needed files already so all you'd have to do is unzip PreInstall and PostInstall, copy the folders and paste them to the root of the USB installer (same location as the Install macOS Mojave app)

The EFI that's included in the download is of my own configuration, just use it as a blueprint for how you should configure your set-up.
Hi datdude717, I want to ask did you edit 'about this mac' for everything to show as in your screenshot?
because for me the processor Ryzen 5 1600 was shown as 'Unknown' and my RX 580 would show as 'R9 xxx '
if you did edit 'about this mac', is this even necessary? I mean for gpu acceleration to work?

I also have a wireless adapter card tp-link wn881nd that no matter what I do doesn't work at all, so I had to connect my pc to a laptop via ethernet to get network connection. is there a way to make it work?
By the way, I'm using High Sierra
oas wrote:
Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:51 pm
Hi datdude717, I want to ask did you edit 'about this mac' for everything to show as in your screenshot?
because for me the processor Ryzen 5 1600 was shown as 'Unknown' and my RX 580 would show as 'R9 xxx '
if you did edit 'about this mac', is this even necessary? I mean for gpu acceleration to work?

I also have a wireless adapter card tp-link wn881nd that no matter what I do doesn't work at all, so I had to connect my pc to a laptop via ethernet to get network connection. is there a way to make it work?
By the way, I'm using High Sierra
Editing the “About This Mac” information was primarily for aesthetic, not necessary for anything to work properly.

As for TP-Link, I’m not 100% sure because I am using a NETGEAR Nighthawk USB adapter.

Which TP-Link version do you have, TL-WN881ND V1 - Atheros AR9287 or TL-WN881ND V2 - RealTek RTL8192E?

If it is RealTek, it’s not going to work at all and it may be the reason behind your issue.
Thank you for your fast reply

Could you tell me how to edit 'about this mac' parameters?

and as you said I got TL-WN881ND V2 - RealTek RTL8192EE sadly :(
but thanks a lot for pointing that out :thumbup:

One last question, every time I boot to the system I have to go to options and enable Radinit so I don't get blank screen
is there a way to enable it automatically ?

Can you help me? In my installation it gives sti[…]

How to force install 10.14.1?

The Vanilla patch made updating so easy. No more r[…]

The guide worked perfectly for me. Thanks. Specs[…]

try this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9I-OINW[…]