Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
by: AlbertX
Hi!
i'm new in the forum and i like to share my build where i successfully installed High Sierra following the guide!
- Ryzen 2700x
- Asus B450M-tuf gaming plus
- 16gb ddr4 3000 corsair lpx
- Amd r9 280x Vapor X (i know, it's old but it does not give me any kind of problems)
- SSD Samsung Evo 750

The installation process was very simple and i dindn't need to follow the instructions related to amd graphics card.
The only minor issue was the display port audio that didn't come out of my gpu. Solved installing HDAudio Kext and removing HDAudioDisabler Kext in the EFI Partition.

In GeekBench Multicore score is approx 29000 / SIngle 5000
OpenGL is approx 110000

Thank you for the guide and hope you appreciate this success story :D
setterlee liked this

Advertising

If you want to increase just overclock it! Now mine is clocked 4.3 and it scores approx 30k in multi and 5k.1 in single.
by: UnintendedXP
Totally disappointed. I have tr 1950x, 32gb ram. And all programs working really terrible if you compare windows performance on same computer. Zbrush, keyshot, adobe cc... All graphic softwares crashing and not smooth. My geek bench score more than anyone here, but still all softwares really slow. Don't make it. Its really not stable....
by: Six
I would love to see some screenshots on what a TR1950x can do? I'm mean you did put that out there, show and tell.
UnintendedXP wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:23 am
Totally disappointed. I have tr 1950x, 32gb ram. And all programs working really terrible if you compare windows performance on same computer. Zbrush, keyshot, adobe cc... All graphic softwares crashing and not smooth. My geek bench score more than anyone here, but still all softwares really slow. Don't make it. Its really not stable....
If your is not stable doesn't mean all "ryzentosh" are unstable.
For example mine is working flawlessly and geekbench/cinebench/opencl scores reflect on the system performance.
Speaking of numbers in Final Cut Pro x running BruceX Test is score 27 seconds (which is ok for my r9 280x), Lightroom photoshop and all the other software i use for photo editing work perfectly.

also following the guide of this forum it was easier to install mac os x on ryzen cpu rather than on my old intel core i5.
by: Jim Chang
AlbertX wrote:
Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:42 pm
UnintendedXP wrote:
Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:23 am
If your is not stable doesn't mean all "ryzentosh" are unstable.
For example mine is working flawlessly and geekbench/cinebench/opencl scores reflect on the system performance.
Speaking of numbers in Final Cut Pro x running BruceX Test is score 27 seconds (which is ok for my r9 280x), Lightroom photoshop and all the other software i use for photo editing work perfectly.

also following the guide of this forum it was easier to install mac os x on ryzen cpu rather than on my old intel core i5.
which lightroom and photoshop version you used? Thanks!
by: setterlee
@AlbertX, Any issue with microphones in the front and back port? I have a PRIME-B450M-A-CSM with the same audio chipset as yours and have the output working well but the input not...

I got the same problem, look forward to fixing it […]

Hardware: Processor: AMD FX 8300 Graphics Card: […]

Can you help me? In my installation it gives still[…]

Hi everyone, Ok so I've "almost" instal[…]