Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
User avatar
by: tuancuong92
#43937
Hi @Shaneee, does airdrop on your build work?

 Advertising

User avatar
by: Shaneee
#43938
tuancuong92 wrote:Hi @Shaneee, does airdrop on your build work?
Not sure I've got an Android phone.
User avatar
by: tuancuong92
#43950
Shaneee wrote:
Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:06 am
Not sure I've got an Android phone.
Thanks. Btw I've changed smbios from iMac i7 7700K to Mac Pro 6,1 and got better geekbench score :mrgreen: magic!
User avatar
by: Sekhmet
#44619
How is system animations performance on RX560? I recently got successful install of High Sierra but I'm a bit pissed off by overall performance of system UI (resizing windows is laggy as hell, even worse than on 2015 MacBook Pro with iGPU :lol: ) on NVIDIA and was thinking about replacing my GPU with something from AMD. Could I expect at least smooth UI on something like RX470 4GB or RX560?
Thanks.
User avatar
by: Shaneee
#44620
Sekhmet wrote:How is system animations performance on RX560? I recently got successful install of High Sierra but I'm a bit pissed off by overall performance of system UI (resizing windows is laggy as hell, even worse than on 2015 MacBook Pro with iGPU :lol: ) on NVIDIA and was thinking about replacing my GPU with something from AMD. Could I expect at least smooth UI on something like RX470 4GB or RX560?
Thanks.
AMDs RX cards work natively in macOS. You only need two kexts injected with Clover or a single setting in Clover (RadeonDeInit).
User avatar
by: Sekhmet
#44621
Thanks. So UI should be smooth on those GPUs with just simple configuration?
User avatar
by: Shaneee
#44622
Sekhmet wrote:Thanks. So UI should be smooth on those GPUs with just simple configuration?
Yeah. 10.14.1 is now my main OS with the specs in my signature :thumbup:
Sekhmet liked this
User avatar
by: Robert Kisielewski
#45190
First and foremost, thank you for your time. Your update helped me lots ..to get the 10.13.6 update running !!! Quick question. the security update that apple set for the 10.13.6 ... 2019-00001 .... are there any plans / method to get that side loaded ...
Perhaps, meta explanation on how to code something like that ... unless there is a kernel update included ..in which case it's above my comfort level ....
fyi, planning to donate very soon as thank you, as soon as get my paypal working ... again big thanks you tha man !!!
User avatar
by: Shaneee
#45199
Robert Kisielewski wrote:First and foremost, thank you for your time. Your update helped me lots ..to get the 10.13.6 update running !!! Quick question. the security update that apple set for the 10.13.6 ... 2019-00001 .... are there any plans / method to get that side loaded ...
Perhaps, meta explanation on how to code something like that ... unless there is a kernel update included ..in which case it's above my comfort level ....
fyi, planning to donate very soon as thank you, as soon as get my paypal working ... again big thanks you tha man !!!
Installing a security update will overwrite the kernel again yes. What you can do though is navigate in Finder to /System/Library/Kernels and make a copy of kernel and rename it to kernel.amd thus leaving you with kernel and kernel.amd
Then run sudo kextcache -u /

Now edit your Clover config.plist to add the boot arg kcsuffix=amd
Reboot to confirm it still boots then install the update. I don't think the security update installs the same way as the System updates so this should work. If it does though it's easy enough to fix and I can always explain it the other way if needed.
User avatar
by: myname71
#45206
I applied the security update using the method explained by Shanee tu update high Sierra from 10.13.3 to 10.13.6, and everything works well

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk

Shaneee liked this

hello everyone, I'm about to buy this motherboard:[…]

i have almost same pc. except gpu. i have rx 460.[…]

As the subject shows, i want to get some games fro[…]

ok thanks for advice, can't go to InsanelyMac I've[…]