Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
An other successful 3900x Install. Got a a good chip with a high all core overclock on air (Noctuas 15S cooler)
Running 64gb Ram in all slots, with native wifi/bluetooth card - onboard is doing nothing in MacOS. Whilst windows partition is flipped with the onboard WiFi/Bluetooth doing all the work

Thank you for the guide. I can now see why Open Core is the future and Clover is history. This community is amazing, all I did was drag and drop a few files whilst the real work is done by the minds of these forums. Legends!

Boot string I use is: -v keepsyms=1 debug=0x100 agdpmod=pikera npci=0x2000 alcid=7

Various fixes, mainly for Navi and Onboard Audio

Applied fixes for Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe AE, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Dreamweaver

iCloud, iMessage, App Store all working.

Memory Error fix kext applied to stop the annoying popup during start-up

Virtual SMC and AMD SMC - Amazeballs - allows for Core Performance Boost as well which is the closest thing to any kind of management as we are going to get right now. AMD Power Gadget is showing everything working perfectly. (a shame that the support doesn't extend to iStat but who cares)

Final Kexts Used: AppleALC, Lilu, MacProMemory, NullCPUPower, SMCAMD, VirtualSMC, WhateverGreen
Final Drivers Used: APFS, FwRuntime, VboxHFS

Included is my OC Folder which has been sterilized - you will need to add your own serials etc... I still suggest using the guide as your hardware configuration will be different from mine and perhaps use what I have provided as a way to guide you. My BIOS is heavily tuned to achieve the performance scores bellow

Performance Scores in the top 1% - Golden Chip
GeekBench 4 @ 6'097 SC / 57'090 MC
Cinebench R20 - ~8000 MC depending on the run
Proof is bellow

Everything works. Except for sleep of course. I don't care, the machine takes under 10 seconds to boot.
The about Mac showing 4.3 instead of 4.4gHz - I think this is due to my machine actually running at 3.398Ghz in bios. Funnily enough AMD Power Gadget is showing 4.4. Meh

Am I happy? Eh... in theory yes; in practice Adobe Suite which I rely on a lot, is hella buggy and things like Warp Stabilizer still dont work. I am hopeful that this might be fixed in the future, however I believe the problem is more fundamental to intel/amd architecture differences. I still have a dream though
Post Merged
Screenshot of everything in action
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JanHappy liked this

Advertising

Niko wrote:Applied fixes for Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe AE, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Dreamweaver
can you talk a little more about this please? I don't use any of these programs currently but may in the future. what is the special patching that needs to be done for a ryzen hackintosh?

thank you in advance for taking the time to reply.
Galve2000 wrote:
Niko wrote:Applied fixes for Adobe Lightroom, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe AE, Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Dreamweaver
can you talk a little more about this please? I don't use any of these programs currently but may in the future. what is the special patching that needs to be done for a ryzen hackintosh?

thank you in advance for taking the time to reply.
https://gist.github.com/XLNCs/86d7a391e ... 171656b458
I booted into windows for that,

For wifi on MacOS I have a Fenvi in one of the Pcie slots
Post Merged
hoopoedigital wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:46 pm Benchmarks look impressive!!!
How did you manage to get the onboard wifi and bluetooth working?
Also, you have Baller AF graphics card mate. :thumbup:
JanHappy, hoopoedigital liked this
Niko wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 12:33 pm I booted into windows for that,

For wifi on MacOS I have a Fenvi in one of the Pcie slots
Post Merged
hoopoedigital wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:46 pm Benchmarks look impressive!!!
How did you manage to get the onboard wifi and bluetooth working?
Also, you have Baller AF graphics card mate. :thumbup:
Ahhh oka, for a second there I was hoping it would be for MacOS. I also have the Fenvi card but I prefer not to use it.
Lol, well I am a photographer and videographer so I figured i would put that GPU to the test!
Thanks mate!
Drive is locked

Yeah the whole drive is formatted. Post Merged […]

If you don't need Wifi yet at least the Intel Blue[…]

Well thank you :thumbup: As soon as I buy the p[…]

Asus Mainboard

I can't say anything for the software you intent t[…]