For a long time I have dreamed of running a hackintosh, and with my newly built PC this is finally a reality.
MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8GB
MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM
1. Using XLNC's Clover Installation Package v2, I managed to firstly boot into the setup of macOS. Upon opening disk utility and trying to format my partition, I did encounter a strange problem.
Note: XLNC didn't think my solution would work
I got an error of 'MediaKit reports not enough space on disk to complete requested operation'. Upon further research I came to the conclusion that because this disk was not used as an OS disk, it needed the 200MB EFI partition required by macOS. I went back into Windows and created this, and so all went smoothly.
2. The 'xlnc' console menu worked wonders. Using the post installation with Bronya kernal made everything a breeze. My PC sailed through installation.
3. XLNC helped out by using TV to log into my PC remotely and install clover in UEFI mode.
Strange 'quirk' of my motherboard that you can only have one UEFI hard disk enabled at once. This was strange as previously the UEFI disk was set to windows with no option to change in BIOS. However, by selecting the Clover one from the F11 boot menu suddenly changed it to mac by default. Took way too long to figure this out.
Strange problem with my keyboard - it appears to be this one specifically. When I was typing it was randomly repeating most keys strangely. I have to continually fix this by pressing a key combo on my keyboard every time I enter OSX. This does not, however, happen on windows. It's a cheap technet keyboard, and the fix was to do with the CPS modes on it. For further info please send me a message.
And here I am today. No further issues (apart from 3) as my sound, ethernet and GPU are working absolutely fine. As previously mentioned, massive thanks to XLNC for all the help!
Thanks for reading,
Edit: Thanks zzmadd for these suggestions:
Working/Not Working (comprehensive):
- Ethernet is gigabit: No way to test with my internet round here!
-- Any USB keyboard issue: Yes, as noted above
- Dos it switch off: Yes
- Does it sleep correctly both monitor and PC: Cannot wake from sleep, however this is also a problem in windows.
- USB3 fast and reliable: Haven't tested. Remind me to update!
- Can you monitor temps and fans: Nothing out of the ordinary
- Audio - Working Fine
- Stability / K panics: Stable
| MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8GB |
| 16GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2966 Mhz |