• R5 1600/RX 580 10.13.1 Success!

• If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.

Please remember to read and follow the rules here.

Please Donate or visit my Amazon Wishlist if you've found the website useful. Thanks.

If you've got your system running near to perfect then you can share your success story here.
#36238 by NicholasG04
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:36 pm
Firstly, a massive thanks to XLNC who I could never have done this without.
For a long time I have dreamed of running a hackintosh, and with my newly built PC this is finally a reality.

Specs:
R5 1600
MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8GB
MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon
16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Installation:
1. Using XLNC's Clover Installation Package v2, I managed to firstly boot into the setup of macOS. Upon opening disk utility and trying to format my partition, I did encounter a strange problem.

Problem #1:
Note: XLNC didn't think my solution would work :P
I got an error of 'MediaKit reports not enough space on disk to complete requested operation'. Upon further research I came to the conclusion that because this disk was not used as an OS disk, it needed the 200MB EFI partition required by macOS. I went back into Windows and created this, and so all went smoothly.

2. The 'xlnc' console menu worked wonders. Using the post installation with Bronya kernal made everything a breeze. My PC sailed through installation.

3. XLNC helped out by using TV to log into my PC remotely and install clover in UEFI mode.

Problem #2:
Strange 'quirk' of my motherboard that you can only have one UEFI hard disk enabled at once. This was strange as previously the UEFI disk was set to windows with no option to change in BIOS. However, by selecting the Clover one from the F11 boot menu suddenly changed it to mac by default. Took way too long to figure this out.

Problem #3:
Strange problem with my keyboard - it appears to be this one specifically. When I was typing it was randomly repeating most keys strangely. I have to continually fix this by pressing a key combo on my keyboard every time I enter OSX. This does not, however, happen on windows. It's a cheap technet keyboard, and the fix was to do with the CPS modes on it. For further info please send me a message.

And here I am today. No further issues (apart from 3) as my sound, ethernet and GPU are working absolutely fine. As previously mentioned, massive thanks to XLNC for all the help!

Thanks for reading,
Nick.

Edit: Thanks zzmadd for these suggestions:

Working/Not Working (comprehensive):
- Ethernet is gigabit: No way to test with my internet round here!
-- Any USB keyboard issue: Yes, as noted above
- Dos it switch off: Yes
- Does it sleep correctly both monitor and PC: Cannot wake from sleep, however this is also a problem in windows.
- USB3 fast and reliable: Haven't tested. Remind me to update!
- Can you monitor temps and fans: Nothing out of the ordinary
- Audio - Working Fine
- Stability / K panics: Stable
Last edited by NicholasG04 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zzmadd liked this

Advertising

#36258 by XLNC
Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:36 pm
serialkillazzs wrote:XLNC's Clover Installation Package v2 have you link?
check my siganture

#36279 by zzmadd
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:07 am
Hi there,
just for reference what's working what's not?
- Ethernet is gigabit?
- Wifi?
- Is Bluetooth reliable?
- Any USB keyboard issue?
- Dos it switch off?
- Does it sleep correctly both monitor and PC?
- USB3 fast and reliable?
- Can you monitor temps and fans?
- Audio?
- Nvidia Graphics?
- Stability / K panics?
- Nvme drive?

#36285 by serialkillazzs
Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:45 pm
my setup is:
CORSAIR 380T
amd ryzen 1700x
Noctua NH-L9X65 LOW PROFILE COOLER
Gigabyte AB350N-GAMING WIFI MITX REV 1 BIOS F10 LATEST
toshiba ocz 512gb nvme
TIMETEC HYNIX IC 16GB DDR4
SAPPHIRE PULSE RX580 8G OVERCLOCK EDITION
CORSAIR RM550X MATX

WIFI AND BLUETOOTH M.2 INTEL CARD

Managed to get graphics and troublesome seagate pipeline hd2 500gb sata to boot at present
inside mac now hopefully iron out bugs now with graphics
#36295 by NicholasG04
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:07 pm
zzmadd

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll add that now to the post.
zzmadd liked this

#36316 by zzmadd
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:28 pm
NicholasG04 wrote: Working/Not Working (comprehensive):
- Ethernet is gigabit: You can look at the network preference in advanced and check if it's 100 or 1000
- Any USB keyboard issue: Yes, as noted above (these might be USB issues)
- Does it sleep correctly both monitor and PC: F***
- USB3 fast and reliable: Transfer rate, different drives (keyboard has issues here)
What Im trying to do with these questions is to see if there's a motherboard that works better than other OOB

#42622 by viralmagic
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:44 pm
Hi, I'm new on mackintosh and I'm having problems to get properly working this OS.

I can use the desktop of Hackintosh but when I open any program that requires the gpu, the computer crash and restart.

System Specs:

MOTHERBOARD: Gygabyte X399 Aorus Gaming
GPU: AMD RX 580
CPU: Threadripper 1950x
RAM: 8gb x2
AUDIO: KOMPLETE AUDIO 6 USB ( when I start playing youtube videos, the sound start to crash and after sound its very bad, youtube video freeze, appears instantly a blackscreeen and system restart :crazy: :crazy:

The system has High Sierra 10.13 installed using Transmac

In the system specs, in graphics appear "AMD R9 xxx 8 GB" instead "AMD RX 580 8 GB"

I have been yesterday all the day like getting mad by not found a solution.