I'm new here so please don't throw me to the wolves if I am posting the following in the wrong board, but this one sounds like it's the closest to where I should post it.
Right, what I am after is something that can handle the following:
- 4K video editing with DaVinci Resolve, but upgradable to 8K
- Graphics and photography
- Music (namely Garage Band)
As for the hardware side of things:
- AMD Ryzen 7 or 9
- GPU, something that wont break the bank but will handle the heavy loads (8GB???)
- Plenty of space for either SSD or HDD (or a bit of both)
- Something along the lines of a Samsung 970 PRO 1TB V-NAND M.2 PCI Express Solid State Drive or better
- A mother board that with at least 4 RAM slots, but I would prefer one with 8 slots
- NO RGB flashing things
- NO water cooling, only good old fashioned fans, something from the Noctua stables
- A large case with plenty of space (I'll explain below)
- A good monitor that will also handle 4K
As to which OS, Mojave at the moment will do just fine.
I hope someone will be able to help me out with some ideas.
Thanks in advance.