Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Not sure if your system will work? Ask for help with a compatibility check.
by: JPeixe
Hello AMD OSX,

Just subscribed to this forum, i've got hackintosh for a long time (4th Intel Hackintosh now), atm im using a i7 4790k and i mostly use Logic Pro X to produce, mix and master music.

This days i've been searching for an update to my computer, was thinking about buying i7 5820k, i7 5930k, or i7 6800k mostly because of multicore performance, and i came accross AMD Ryzen 7 1800x, that i can buy NEW for the same price as one of this old i7 used.

So i'm in a huge doubt between keeping Intel or switching to AMD, but i can't find any posts or discussions about Logic Pro X stability and performance using AMD cpus.

Could someone tell me how Logic is running on High Sierra in your AMD Hackintoshes??? Is there any issues?

Thanks in advance.
Post Merged
I've forgot to mention i use a Firewire soundcard (RME Fireface 400), connected with a PCIe to Firewire card with TI chipset, and i'm also using a PCIe UAD-2 Octo card, so i would like to know if this would work aswell.
Post Merged
Also, if everything is stable with logic on amd processors, wich motherboard chipset would be better, B450 or X370?

Advertising

by: burkules
Anyone tried this yet?

I'd read somewhere that there can be timing problems with the AMD chipset - that true?

Any info appreciated!
by: XLNC
There is no timing problems on AMD macos.
CPU will perform very good.

Macos on AMD is stable but have few issues like :
Nvidia GPU wont perform much better in AMD macos . Better go to for AMD GPU
Siri , iMessage , Facetime will not work on AMD macos . But icloud will work
Few Adobe application will crash on launch but can be fixed using a fix posted in the tutorials section.
by: Jim Chang
XLNC wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:36 pm

Few Adobe application will crash on launch but can be fixed using a fix posted in the tutorials section.
Adobe Lightroom Classic CC is crash on launch, and also no any method to fix this problem. :(
by: horyzen
@Jim Chang, What is your setup and does LR classic crash on all Ryzentoshes? I am looking forward to upgrading my rig from Intel to AMD but if Lightroom doesn't work then it's pretty much a deal breaker :(
by: Morganzia
XLNC wrote:
Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:36 pm

Are you sure about the timing statement?
I have AMD Ryzen R7 2700x, MB Asus X470 PRO, running with High Sierra.
Look this pls: viewtopic.php?f=52&t=6078#p45545
by: wedi
I've been using Logic Pro X on my PC with an 'AMD Ryzen 7 2700X' -Processor. So far I ran into two pretty specific problems and one general problem:

Problem Nr. 1 - Space Designer:
When trying to change the Low-Spread of a huge Reverb the Effect sometimes "breaks" and just gives a strange tone/noise.
I'm pretty sure this is because of the amd processor, because I never had this problem on my iMac.

Solution: Not yet found.

Problem Nr. 2 - Midi-Keyboard:
Once I boot up my system and start Logic, my midi-keyboard doesnt seem to work properly. When pressing one key it plays something similar to an arpeggio together with some notes slightly higher than the one I press.
It sounds horrible.
This is likely not a problem directly connected with the amd processor, but more with having a self built PC in general.

Solution: Pulling the plug of the midi-keyboard after bootup and reconnecting it afterwards seems to do the job.

General Problem: Loudness
The system sound of my hackintosh just seems a little bit too quiet.

Solution: I have a Hi-Fi- stereo system which has a decent amp. :)

Comment: Yeah those problems could not be amd-related at all, but I thought this might help someone decide for or against this setup. Also some people here seem to say, that there are no problems at all - which simply said is not true at all or at least very dependend on your hardware.

Appart from those problems my Logic Pro X seems to work fine though.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Wedi
by: Morganzia
Does Serum CBD have drivers for
wedi wrote:I've been using Logic Pro X on my PC with an 'AMD Ryzen 7 2700X' -Processor. So far I ran into two pretty specific problems and one general problem:

Problem Nr. 1 - Space Designer:
When trying to change the Low-Spread of a huge Reverb the Effect sometimes "breaks" and just gives a strange tone/noise.
I'm pretty sure this is because of the amd processor, because I never had this problem on my iMac.

Solution: Not yet found.

Problem Nr. 2 - Midi-Keyboard:
Once I boot up my system and start Logic, my midi-keyboard doesnt seem to work properly. When pressing one key it plays something similar to an arpeggio together with some notes slightly higher than the one I press.
It sounds horrible.
This is likely not a problem directly connected with the amd processor, but more with having a self built PC in general.

Solution: Pulling the plug of the midi-keyboard after bootup and reconnecting it afterwards seems to do the job.

General Problem: Loudness
The system sound of my hackintosh just seems a little bit too quiet.

Solution: I have a Hi-Fi- stereo system which has a decent amp. :)

Comment: Yeah those problems could not be amd-related at all, but I thought this might help someone decide for or against this setup. Also some people here seem to say, that there are no problems at all - which simply said is not true at all or at least very dependend on your hardware.

Appart from those problems my Logic Pro X seems to work fine though.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes

Wedi
I solved my timing problem upgrading to 10.14.3 (Mojave).
Now the machine is working perfectly, lot better than my original macbook pro late 2013.
For what concerns the Space Designer's issue I wouldn't know, if the program is bought it shouldn't act like that, I'm running original LPX (no pirate v.) and it works very good.

Install hackintool and click bootloader tab, selec[…]

External Drive Patch for Ryzen 3000?

Ok, so I'm relatively new to AMD. I'm looking arou[…]

Yeah exactly... I think it's really important for […]

Hey Guys, I followed this guide (https://forum.am[…]