Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Not sure if your system will work? Ask for help with a compatibility check.
by: 08impreza
All websites I've checked says the A4-6300 has the SSE4.1 / 4.2 Instructions.

I've reached all the way to installing but it appears the progress bar halts every time.

I have attached an image of the log:
Code: Select all
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByYAoYKI56CRUG0ybmJqOGlvUDg
Last edited by Shaneee on Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Link Coded..

Advertising

vitorlage wrote:@08impreza, That's normal the installer can stall for a long time, until 3 hours
Oh, okay cool! I'm gonna leave it over night and see then.

Right now I'm getting "
Assertion TimeOut.................
Assertion Created..................
Assertion TimeOut.................
Assertion Created.................. "

Still smooth sailing?
@vitorlage, Great News!
I cancelled the installation (didn't like the idea of a 5400rpm drive and consequently a 3hrs+ install time)
I restarted the installer with a 7200rpm drive and it took a little over 2 hours to install.
After installation I followed the post-install stuff provided by @shaneee and everything worked like a charm.
The only hiccup occurred when I installed the nvidia webdrivers, where after removing the nv_disable flag, I'd get no signal after boot up.
To remedy this, I added " GraphicsEnabler=Yes" flag to the boot list and now everything works really well.
In the Nvidia control panel it defaults to "OS X Default Graphics Driver" and not the web driver option, but that isn't a problem at all because I'm getting smooth performance from the native drivers.
(I tried El Capitan on another system with the same graphics card and the Web driver option was checked by default though)

Something to note for those would may stumble across this post :
If after installation your USB drives refuse to mount, you need to restart the system at least once after first time bootup.

@vitorlage I want to thank you for encouraging me to leave the installation , I think i would have given up after an hour of waiting.

@shaneee I want to thank you for all of your provisions, your website and members like @vitrolage and @chad help so much people.
vitorlage, Jaozera liked this
by: Shaneee
Shouldn't need the web drivers. Try booting with GraphicsEnabler=Yes
vitorlage liked this
by: Shaneee
maxcveloci wrote:does the IGP works? because the IGP on the A4 is much more powerful than the gf8400. im curious because i also have an a4-6300 based win10 htpc which i want to tinker osx with it.
Integrated AMD GPUs tend not to work. There is a slight chance with this though,
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291117-how-to-make-radeon-desktop-or-mobility-be-working-by-using-clover/
maxcveloci liked this
by: maxcveloci
Shaneee wrote:
maxcveloci wrote:does the IGP works? because the IGP on the A4 is much more powerful than the gf8400. im curious because i also have an a4-6300 based win10 htpc which i want to tinker osx with it.
Integrated AMD GPUs tend not to work. There is a slight chance with this though,
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/291117-how-to-make-radeon-desktop-or-mobility-be-working-by-using-clover/
thx, didn't expect a quick reply :D , will try and whether succeed or not at least worth trying.
Shaneee liked this

Hi everyone ! First sorry if my English is bad, […]

Fortunately for me I do not use Docker for the mom[…]

Just tried the boot args but it just hangs on the […]

I had the same issue. Vega 64 card, Ryzen 1700x, […]