• Photos app crash, El Capitan

• Help with AMD OS X after installation.

Please remember to read and follow the rules here.

Please Donate if you've found the website useful. Thanks.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
#32135 by 123RaZoR321
Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:25 pm
First of all I would like to thank the awesome community for the kernels and kexts that make OS X on AMD possible.
In my build almost everything is working smoothly and without any problems. Steam games are working fine with performance close to Windows, VooDooHDA is good enough for me.
My specs are Phenom II 945, 16Gb DDR3, R9 270, GA-MA790GPT-UDH3. El Capitan is installed on a separate HDD with Enoch boot loader. Kernel is Shaneee's one from the Download section.
The only 2 problems I've encountered are Telegram Desktop (the one that is cross-platform for win/linux/osx) not working and recently Photos app started crashing.
Telegram wasn't working from the very beginning. It crashes without showing the login window https://pastebin.com/g8D2Z7u8
It doesn't bother me much since Swift version of Telegram works beautifully.
The more annoying problem is with the Photos App. It was stable from the moment I've installed the system till yesterday when I've enabled iCloud Photo Library on the iPhone. It started syncing new photos from the phone and after that the app can't run for more than 5 seconds. Now when I launch the app it's possible to see that syncing is working fine (new photos appear in the library as they should), but then the app crashes. I've tried to recover the library, I've even created a new one and resynced everything from the cloud - nothing helped(
I also have a hackintoshed Asus N53SV with 10.12. Photos app doesn't crash with all new photos from the iPhone.
Is this possible to trace and fix what's causing this crash? Is it the kernel, the old Photos 1.5 form El Capitan, or the old Phenom II miss some important instructions? Judging by the log, the app can't create a preview for some photos, but that's about everything that i can understand from the log

You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.