Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
by: dsalsa
I need some assistance please. I just re installed El Capitan on my SSD and I wanted to add the boot flags "GraphicsEnabler=Yes " so that I wouldn't have to type it in every time I booted my computer. To my big surprise there is no Extra folder. I checked on my old El Capitan installation which is on another ATA drive and it does have the Extra folder. So here is where I need your help. Could you tell me where my Extra folder would be so I could add the "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to my boot flags so that I don't have to type it in every time I boot my machine,
Thank you.

Advertising

by: Shaneee
It isn't created by the installer. You will need to create or copy on there.

You can get my Generic Extra folder here,
Code: Select all
http://nova-x.co.uk/download.html
Shanee after reviewing the org.chameleon.Boot.plist in the Generic Extra folder it's still missing the one boot flag I need "GraphicsEnabler=Yes". Can I open the file with the text editor and just add it to the <string> line and then just copy the Extra folder to the appropiate drive?

Alternatevely can I use the Chameleon Wizard even though I'm not using Chameleon I'm using Enoch?

P.S. just noticed the org.chameleon.Boot.plist on my old El Capital installation the "GraphicsEnabler" it's not in the <string> line but a <key> line and then the "Yes" in another <key> line, then I thought wouldn't the easiest and simpler to just copy the Extra folder from my old El Capitan to my new El Capitan. Can't get easier than that.
Yes you can add it in or use Chameleon Wizard. The correct way to add it is,
Code: Select all
	<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
Thank's, added

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

to my org.chameleon.Boot.plist, saved the Extra folder on my drive and it works like a charm.
Great, glad it's working now :thumbup:

The 9, 10 and 20 series cards are not supported […]

Screen Shot 2019-09-19 at 6.28.48 PM.png Specs:[…]

nvidia gpu laggy

I use this driver on my GTX 1070: https://images.n[…]

Install the nvidia web driver for 10.13.6 here: ht[…]