Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: Shaneee
This tutorial will assist you to copy the needed kernel and Extra folder to your HDD once you've finished installing OS X.

Note that where it says "Your HDD Name" or "Your USB Name" you must replace this with the partition names. For example, ElCapitanHD or with spaces it is "El Capitan HD"

To begin you will need to boot into your USB installer. Once past the language selection you will see the menu bar. Navigate to Utilities > Terminal

From here, if you don't know the names of your drives type the command below to find them,
Code: Select all
diskutil list
Now that you know the names. Start by navigating to the root of your USB.
cd /Volumes/"Your USB Name"
Now copy the Extra folder to the HDD.
cp -R Extra /Volumes/"Your HDD Name"/
Now check to make sure it copied,
cd /Volumes/"Your HDD Name"
ls
You should see the Extra folder there now. Now to copy the kernel. We need to go back to the USB drive and copy it to the HDD.
cd /Volumes/"Your USB Name"/System/Library/Kernels/
cp -R kernel /Volumes/"Your HDD Name"/System/Library/Kernels/
The kernel should now be in place. If you want you can also copy it to the Extra folder for good measure,
cd /Volumes/"Your USB Name"/System/Library/Kernels/
cp -R kernel /Volumes/"Your HDD Name"/Extra/
Now you need to rebuilt the cache. To do this use the following commands,
rm -f /Volumes/"Your HDD Name"/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel
rm -rf /Volumes/"Your HDD Name"/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches
kextcache -u /Volumes/"Your HDD Name"
You can now reboot. Once booted into OS X install Enoch to your HDD. Make a copy of your Extra folder first as the Enoch instalation may edit some files. You can now boot from the HDD rather than USB.

Advertising

by: achamate
cd /volumes/OS X Base System no such file :|
update: I renamed bloody USB volume as KDT and followed your instructions wo problems, Im on country selection. Mexico of course. Thanks.
Last edited by achamate on Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
achamate wrote:cd /volumes/OS X Base System no such file :|
Your USB must be named something else then. Either that or you didn't add the "quotation" marks.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
burt111 liked this
by: Hoatle1
achamate wrote:cd /volumes/OS X Base System no such file :|
update: I renamed bloody USB volume as KDT and followed your instructions wo problems, Im on country selection. Mexico of course. Thanks.
Do not need to rename the USB, just type command like this: cd /Volumes/OS\ X \ Base\ System
For Volume name with spaces, just add backslash before space.
by: cat2115
My onboard vga is AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics \VEN_1002&DEV_1315. I never use Enoch before, only Clover. Do I need to add and ID or enable anything for VGA work?

All night I got no such file. I didn't know about backslash.

And thanks for infor on this:
Do not need to rename the USB, just type command like this: cd /Volumes/OS\ X \ Base\ System
cat2115 wrote:My onboard vga is AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics \VEN_1002&DEV_1315. I never use Enoch before, only Clover. Do I need to add and ID or enable anything for VGA work?

All night I got no such file. I didn't know about backslash.

And thanks for infor on this:
R5 is integrated isn't it? It most likely won't work properly I'm afraid. You can try adding the Device ID and it will load the GUI but it won't be fully accelerated.
@Shaneee,

Yes it's an integrated GUI. Could you please recommend cheap graphic card less that $50 that work out-of-the-box. The desktop will not have anything installed, not even MS Office. It's for my dad for streaming YouTube, listen to news in our country. That's it.

Post Installation: After successfully following the Post Installation and boot with HDD, I got "Invalid kernel opcode (64-bit): 57 a6 30 81 7f ff ff ff 08 00 00 00 00 00"

Spec:
PCIe 3.0 x16 Slot, PCIe 2.0 slot
Realtek ALC887
Realtek RTL8111G Gigabit LAN
Thanks
The nVidia GeForce GT430 works with just GraphicsEnabler=Yes or InjectNVIDIA=true if it's Clover.

What kernel have you used? Boot with -x to get past the opcode error.
Shaneee wrote:The nVidia GeForce GT430 works with just GraphicsEnabler=Yes or InjectNVIDIA=true if it's Clover.

What kernel have you used? Boot with -x to get past the opcode error.
I will try with -x

I use latest Kernel, Shaneee-10.11.x-RC4.

Thanks
by: Westie1010
Yeah doing these commands **** my drive. Doesn't boot from recovery HDD with USB nor does it detect the drive as a valid operating system. I did not type a command wrong I triple checked before hitting enter. All files was present on the drive before these commands too. Now there's none

please let me hug you, i can fix my bluetooth prob[…]

Hello today I decided to update my system afte[…]

Hello How did you get Auantia AQC107 to work I ha[…]

Unable to install macOS

Hello, I've been using hackintosh a couple of ye[…]