Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: Shaneee
Bensmith wrote:Hi Shaneee,

Thanks for this mate.

Quick question. Currently entering the following terminal commands but they come back with directory doesn't exist (yes I did copy the files over).

Perhaps I am entering the codes wrong... There is only 2 requests right?

1. cp -r /Volumes/"OS X Base System"/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel.amd /Volumes/macOS/macOS\ Install\ Data/Locked\ Files/Boot\ Files/

2. sed -i '' 's/auth-//g' /Volumes/macOS/macOS\ Install\ Data/Locked\ Files/Boot\ Files/com.apple.Boot.plist

Thanks in advance!
What did you name the disk you formatted for macOS? The examples used here rely on the disk being named macOS. Also did you install first as stated.

Advertising

by: Bensmith
Thanks for the quick response.

Ok, I apologise. Its not giving me the error now (must of made the same spelling error 4-5 times).

However, it doesn't give me a notice saying success or anything. Am I to assume the commands have worked?

I named my drive macOS.
Yes, I followed your directions to the point.
Bensmith wrote:Thanks for the quick response.

Ok, I apologise. Its not giving me the error now (must of made the same spelling error 4-5 times).

However, it doesn't give me a notice saying success or anything. Am I to assume the commands have worked?

I named my drive macOS.
Yes, I followed your directions to the point.
Proceed with the tutorial then and it should work :thumbup:
HackxBox wrote:Thank you for this guide, Shaneee! It looks a lot simpler than the previous ones.

I am trying it now, but I hit a snag on the Disk Utility part - I have split my Samsung 970 Evo with Windows and MacOS partitions and I have been previously somewhat successful with installing High sierra on the MacOS partition. However now I get "You may not install this volume because the computer is missing a firmware partition". I've deleted and recreated it and erased it several times, both in APFS and HFS Journaled with no luck.

The system is Dell Inspiron 27" with Ryzen 7 1700; B350; 16GB RAM; RX580 8GB, only the drive is swapped with the Samsung, as the original was not recognised at all by MacOS installer. I know such systems are limited in terms of BIOS customisation but I have previously attempted install of both HighSierraV2 and V3BETA , as well as following the guide by Hackintosher, and albeit I had issues they were definitely not with the partitions, as the initial MacOS setup of all 3 installs went without problems, on the same partition setup.

Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Mojave requires an APFS volume with this method. You'll need a full drive to install onto not a partition.
It did copy those files (manually went and checked).

However it gets stuck here - https://imgur.com/a/01z4v4s

I formatted my drive to Mac Os Journaled (not sure if that would make a difference).

Thanks for your help Shaneee.

System:
Ryzen 7 2700
GA AX370 Gaming 3
Radeon RX 560

Regards,
Ben
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mojave will convert it to APFS anyway. If you've confirmed the files are there boot to Clover and check that kcsuffix=amd in present in the boot args.
If you've copied the prelinkedkernel twice as in the first post. (It's been updated) You can try removing the kcsuffix flag when in Clover and try booting.
Copied twice, yes. Plus just tried without the kcsuffix boot flag but still no luck.

I will start fresh tomorrow and hopefully have better luck with a fresh install etc.

Thanks mate.

P.S. I am assuming I shouldn't need to adjust the config plus Kexts to what I was using before with with High Sierra?
@Bensmith, No should work. However if you are keeping the HS drive also you can use the Clover you've got there.

@AK23, No AMD iGPU will work.

Finished driver installs with Kext Utility just t[…]

I've made an VM of High SIerra with Vmware and i[…]

Screenshot at Feb 21 15-38-21.png CPU : AMD […]

Hello, I am new to this hackintosh and i've been w[…]