Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.

Advertising

by: Samadroid
Spike Spiegel wrote:
Wed Nov 07, 2018 7:08 pm
Hi, first of all, thanks for the tutorial Shaneee, very helpful.
But I seem to have some problems. After updating (all went perfectly during the installation), I get random reboots and freezes while using the OS.
I know this is happening to more people so I'd like to ask if @Shaneee, or someone with a working 10.13.6 can upload the contents of their EFI partition or ,at least, their config.plist
and kexts used.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

-edit-
OK, never mind, I fixed it. The problem was that the prelinkedkernel wasn't being generated properly.
I just had to run
Code: Select all
sudo kextcache -i / && sudo kextcache -u / 
again, while in 10.13.6, and all the freezes and reboots are gone.
Having the same issues.
In the code, did you put /Volumes/macOS_partition_name after each sudo command? Also, would you suggest to do it from the terminal in the booted 10.13.6 or through the terminal utility of the macOS installer?
Samadroid wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:25 am
Having the same issues.
In the code, did you put /Volumes/macOS_partition_name after each sudo command? Also, would you suggest to do it from the terminal in the booted 10.13.6 or through the terminal utility of the macOS installer?
Hey @Samadroid, I booted into 10.13.6 and used the code in the terminal there.
As for the code, there is no need to put Volumes/macOS_partition_name. Just
Hope this helps you
by: Samadroid
Spike Spiegel wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:14 am
Samadroid wrote:
Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:25 am
Having the same issues.
Hey @Samadroid, I booted into 10.13.6 and used the code in the terminal there.
As for the code, there is no need to put Volumes/macOS_partition_name. Just
Hope this helps you
Excellent. Everyting works now. Thanks :thumbup:
by: armanip
been reading that this has some kinks is you used Nortons install. any work around this or do I have to start my install all over? :(
by: alvaro9650
spelton wrote:Has anyone figured out the issue where the installer fails? I have been trying to find a solution for days and I have nothing. Really annoying. Is it a new issue or something?
Post Merged
decka wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:45 am
i Installed Combo update 10.13.6 from 10.13.13, Failed instal combo update but i Still Follow Instruction from Shanee
when i reboot again i check my Ryzentosh Updated to 10.13.6

Sorry my bad english
I tried doing this with my system but it didn't work. When I boot I get an error.
The combo update also fails for me.After failing I still continued the tutorial and the command sudo kextcache -I /Volumes/whereIInstalledIt && sudo kextcache -u /whereIInstalledIt ends with an error that said child process killed or something like that.I still tried to boot and it boots but restarts in 5 minutes.I tried the combo update 2 times(copying with super duper to redo the copy after the first time) and the 2 the same error.Maybe apple introduced some changes in the package, I didn't managed to find a download that doesn't come directly from apple so if someone downloaded the package some time ago would be great to upload it to mega,mediafire,google drive whatever.I have a Ryzen 1200 a MSI B350 gaming plus , a 1050ti and 8gb 2400 MHz RAM
Post Merged
alvaro9650 wrote:
spelton wrote:Has anyone figured out the issue where the installer fails? I have been trying to find a solution for days and I have nothing. Really annoying. Is it a new issue or something?
Post Merged
decka wrote:
Sat Nov 10, 2018 5:45 am
i Installed Combo update 10.13.6 from 10.13.13, Failed instal combo update but i Still Follow Instruction from Shanee
when i reboot again i check my Ryzentosh Updated to 10.13.6

Sorry my bad english
I tried doing this with my system but it didn't work. When I boot I get an error.
The combo update also fails for me.After failing I still continued the tutorial and the command sudo kextcache -I /Volumes/whereIInstalledIt && sudo kextcache -u /whereIInstalledIt ends with an error that said child process killed or something like that.I still tried to boot and it boots but restarts in 5 minutes.I tried the combo update 2 times(copying with super duper to redo the copy after the first time) and the 2 the same error.Maybe apple introduced some changes in the package, I didn't managed to find a download that doesn't come directly from apple so if someone downloaded the package some time ago would be great to upload it to mega,mediafire,google drive whatever.I have a Ryzen 1200 a MSI B350 gaming plus , a 1050ti and 8gb 2400 MHz RAM
I just did a checksum with shasum -a 256 /Volumes/Mac/Users/alvaromorenonavarro/Documents/macOSUpdCombo10.13.6.pkg
The result is 57e2d40ee9e7e7e7c1ccd217d924d5d2e21fe06cd2933291a14e3c9c950380f1 /Volumes/Mac/Users/alvaromorenonavarro/Documents/macOSUpdCombo10.13.6.pkg
by: sasanss22
tanks ... i need a help... after update from 1.13.3 to 13.6 my system boot on black screen ... or no signal sound work

my system
amd fx 8350
HD 7970 framebuffer patch work on 10.13.3 after update patch again
M5A97 pro
by: Brakker
Hi Shanee, Thanks for this Tutorial and for all your hard work.

I can confirm this Tutorial works on my System if the update is performed in the same way.
I upgraded from 10.13.3

I only have the problem that shutting down the system leads to an reboot, which still worked with 10.13.3.
On Clover-Configurator FixShutdown is selected at Acpi.
I would be grateful for tips on what else I could do.
I already removed all kext from Clover except FakeSMC, Lilu, RealtekRTL8111 and VoodooHDA.

With the great tool SuperDuper the system is quickly cloned and I can at least save myself the work with CloneZilla under macOS.
And I can still use 10.13.3 in the meantime.

Greetings
Anyone find a fix for this?
Inderjeet Singh wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:15 am
Hi

After upgrading the system from 10.13.3 to 10.013.6 using the tutorial my system now not booting up (Thanks for suggesting to backup the system I am still able to use the clone). Showing this error again and again.
OPEMU:   cmp dword [rbx], 0xfeedfacf
Please let me know what I can do to fix this issue.

Note: The installation went smoothly no errors whatsoever.
Updated fine for me using the exact method in the video (inc cloning current installation to another SSD and installed 10.13.6 to my main SSD whilst booted into the cloned drive.

Only issue I'm facing now is that most applications are using up 100%+ CPU (mainly Google Chrome, Ableton Live & Logic Pro X) - hoping someone could possible provide a fix for this as I've read other people have had success running Logic Pro on a similar-specced system to mine.

Hello! I'm Erick, and I have been an avid Apple fa[…]

You can disable this option. :thumbup:

Hello how are you today? I have managed to instal[…]

if you compress the file in order to get it from[…]