Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: innerd
Is there a way to DISABLE the bluetooth via clover or something else after patch? I have an Asrock x370 taichi and my bluetooth after this method works (strangely enough, its an intel wifi/bt combo) but can't be deactiveted and I think that this behavior have some impact on my usb wifi. In fact without patch (just with the GenericUSBXHCI and dummy kexts) everything works fine (no bt) but with patch I think that bluetooth has some type on interference and the usb wifi is unreliable. Its a temporaney solution obviously, I want to change maybe the intel m2 onboard with a supported one

Update: I disabled the bt in bios but nothing changed, so wasn't that the problem. Probably the patch makes the usb dongle unreliable (tried different port too), I don't know how to fix this without remove the patch.

Advertising

by: PeeJay
I've got the fix installed and working (usb audio doesn't instantly lock the system), but now there are a few other issues. Not all of the usb ports are working, and there are occasional pauses/freezes with some audio apps like logic pro (Using a USB DAC that uses the generic usb audio 2.0 driver). The audio will keep playing but the app locks up for about 5 seconds with a spinning curser and then resumes. Perhaps once an hour the app will crash and I have to restart it. Is that normal?
Post Merged
Never mind, unplugged some usb3 hubs and problem went away.
Hello everyone,

I am running High Siera 10.13.3, using installer from viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2948&sid=c70c83cc3 ... e9400c41a3 v.2.5(latest)
My HW is: AMD Ryzen 1600, Asrock AB350 Pro4, 16GB Corsair DDR4 RAM, RX 480.
I have been running this for few weeks now without any issues. Recently I bought a USB Bluetooth dongle ASUS BT400 in hopes to enable bluetooth connectivity, so I can use my Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse (got it because of my MacBook). Unfortunately, the device does not seem to be recognised. In System Report it shows up as BCM20702A0 with Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured). I am pretty sure, the dongle should work under MacOS, as reported in this post https://bartechtv.com/pain-free-plug-pl ... usb-bt400/ and also I tried connecting the dongle to my MacBook Air (newest Mojave) and it works fine...

I already tried some fix solutions I found around the internet. This one for example does not help viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3587. After using the automated version of USB Fix from this post, the system becomes unbootable. It basically just hangs on the boot screen forever. Already had to reinstall system twice because of that. I suspect it somehow breaks my .kexts?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
by: AlGrey
Roppard wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:47 pm
Hello everyone,

I am running High Siera 10.13.3, using installer from viewtopic.php?f=23&t=2948&sid=c70c83cc3 ... e9400c41a3 v.2.5(latest)
My HW is: AMD Ryzen 1600, Asrock AB350 Pro4, 16GB Corsair DDR4 RAM, RX 480.
I have been running this for few weeks now without any issues. Recently I bought a USB Bluetooth dongle ASUS BT400 in hopes to enable bluetooth connectivity, so I can use my Magic Keyboard and Magic Mouse (got it because of my MacBook). Unfortunately, the device does not seem to be recognised. In System Report it shows up as BCM20702A0 with Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured). I am pretty sure, the dongle should work under MacOS, as reported in this post https://bartechtv.com/pain-free-plug-pl ... usb-bt400/ and also I tried connecting the dongle to my MacBook Air (newest Mojave) and it works fine...

I already tried some fix solutions I found around the internet. This one for example does not help viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3587. After using the automated version of USB Fix from this post, the system becomes unbootable. It basically just hangs on the boot screen forever. Already had to reinstall system twice because of that. I suspect it somehow breaks my .kexts?

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Boot to usb installer and rebuild cache .. I already shared the instructions in previous posts
Post Merged
decka wrote:
Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:12 pm
Work on Asrock ab320m but UBD Hub Not Working
Use the asmedia controller (3.1 ports?). Hubs are working fine on it.
Post Merged
innerd wrote:
Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:02 pm
Is there a way to DISABLE the bluetooth via clover or something else after patch? I have an Asrock x370 taichi and my bluetooth after this method works (strangely enough, its an intel wifi/bt combo) but can't be deactiveted and I think that this behavior have some impact on my usb wifi. In fact without patch (just with the GenericUSBXHCI and dummy kexts) everything works fine (no bt) but with patch I think that bluetooth has some type on interference and the usb wifi is unreliable. Its a temporaney solution obviously, I want to change maybe the intel m2 onboard with a supported one

Update: I disabled the bt in bios but nothing changed, so wasn't that the problem. Probably the patch makes the usb dongle unreliable (tried different port too), I don't know how to fix this without remove the patch.
Weird never heard of that interference. Share ioreg dump.
@AlGrey, I did the automated version again on a fresh install and then booted up usb, ran post install and rebuild cache as you advised. I was now able to boot into the system again, but the Bluetooth Dongle is still not recognised. I am attaching a .zip with files you requested in first post. Thanks for help.
Archive.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Does this fix random reboots with external disks for example?
by: AlGrey
Roppard wrote:@AlGrey, I did the automated version again on a fresh install and then booted up usb, ran post install and rebuild cache as you advised. I was now able to boot into the system again, but the Bluetooth Dongle is still not recognised. I am attaching a .zip with files you requested in first post. Thanks for help.
Archive.zip
You are still running GenericUSBXHCI.kext from somewhere ..

1. Delete GenericUSBXHCI.kext, DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext and DummyUSBXHCIPCI.kext from:
a. EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.xx or Other (xx is your MacOs version) NOTE : use Clover Configurator (Google it) to MOUNT your EFI folder.
b. System/Library/Extensions/
c. Library/Extensions/

And rebuild cache.
Post Merged
@ChristianFP, It should yes
I have an Asus Prime x399-A motherboard and for 2 weeks the RyzenUsbFix didn't work.
Today I found the solution .... in Config.plist I haven't added :
Code: Select all
Name                 Find                        Replace                      Comment
AppleUSBXHCI        C8000000 83FB02           C8000000 83FB11               algrey USB patch for ryzen

but

AppleUSBXHCI      837D880F 0F83A704 0000    837D880F 90909090 9090       USB patch for Asus Prime X399-A  
I don't know if it works with other x399 chipsets cards, i hope so.

I share my KextToPatche, everything works perfectly - Audio, Usb, CD/DVD, and i think so WiFi/BL combo card.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Exellent wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:37 am
AlGrey wrote:@Exellent, Help and Problem Reporting
Attach the following files in a zip file:
- config.plist
- IORegistryExplorer dump (File -> save)
- DSDT.aml
Hi my files here.. usb not working.. pleese hhelpp

muy buenas recien instale mac os highy sierra en […]

Black Screen before installation

I had the same issue. Try unplugging and plugging […]

I too have ATI 7610m and the zip file is corrupt[…]

Ryzen 5 with Nvidia 1060

Hi @Johnata , Many thanks for reply. Sorry, toda[…]