Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: Norton287
Lion is an old OS and drivers or kexts are old as well some modern hardware may not work correctly while some won't work at all. USB 3 does not work with this. So install it with that knowledge.

Thank you for choosing the AMD-OSX LionAMD Image for use with Windows. In this short tutorial I will show you how to perform the install steps to get the LionAMD Installed and the PostInstall steps. You might want to print this out or make some notes.

Download Link:
Code: Select all
http://bit.ly/LionAMD2

To begin use Transmac to restore the LionAMD.dmg file to a USB drive, the USB drive needs to be at least 8GBs in size. This tutorial by Shaneee covers using Transmac to restore dmg images to USB: http://forum.amd-osx.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1213 Once you have the image restored you want to boot off the USB drive. You want to select Boot macOS from MaverickAMD to begin. If you get a Waiting on Root Device message, move the USB to a different port for a few seconds to see if the install continues. If it does not then keep moving ports until it does.

Select your USB Installation stick from your BIOS' Boot Menu.

Select LionAMD from the menu and press enter. NOTE with Chameleon 2.4 there is a bug in the loader where it will hang with an error message of "ParseTagDate." Just press enter to continue booting.

Once it loads you'll see the language selection screen. Choose your language and click the next button.

The main installation screen will load. Click on Utilities from the menu and choose Disk Utility.

Once Disk Utility loads. Select your drive and create a new install partition and name it macOS. Once done exit Disk Utility to return to the main installation screen.

Now click Continue.

Agree to the Software license to continue.

Select your macOS drive and click Install, to begin the installation.

The installer will run for about 22 minutes or longer depending on your system.

Once the install is done click Restart.

Select your LionAMD installer USB from the Boot Menu.

Select LionAMD and press enter to boot. Don't forget when it stops at ParseTagDate to hit enter to continue boot.

When the installer loads, select your language and click the next button.

From the Utilities Menu, select Terminal.

When Terminal loads, type the following:
cd /Volumes/LionAMD/PostInstall
and press enter to change to the PostInstall folder.

Now enter the following command:
sh post.sh
This will run the PostInstall script to copy the kernel, kexts and rebuild the prelinked kernel. Once the script is finished, exit Terminal and exit the installer. This will reboot your computer.

Boot from the USB installer again. Select your install partition from the Chameleon menu and press enter.

Once your system boots, you'll be presented with the Welcome screen. Choose your Country and click Continue.

Choose your Keyboard and click Continue.

Click Continue, on transfering from another mac.

Create your computer account and click Continue.

Choose your time zone and click Continue.

Click Continue to load to the desktop. Once at the desktop, open the LionAMD installer and open the PostInstall folder. Copy the Extra folder to the root of your hard drive. Then launch and install Chameleon Bootloader so you can boot to your Lion installation without the USB.

Click the Apple menu and then select Software Update.

Click on Install to start the installation process for the updates.

The updates will download.

Once downloaded Lion will restart and install the updates.

Select your LionAMD installation USB to boot the installer.

Choose LionAMD from the list and also be sure to hit enter on the "ParseTagDate" error.

Once the installer loads choose your language and click Continue.

Click on Utilities and the Terminal.

Once Terminal loads, enter the following command and press enter.
cd /Volumes/LionAMD/PostInstall

Enter the following command and press enter.
sh post.sh
Once the script completes exit the installer and reboot. Once your booted back into Lion, click the Apple menu again and choose Software Update. Repeat these steps until you're caught up on Updates.
Shaneee liked this

Advertising

@Riskypedia, wow, it is really nice to know that t[…]

Hello, My Friends! I'm a Brazilian user, my knowl[…]

I followed the tutorial here: https://vanilla.amd[…]

Will my config work as a ryzentossh?

I have never even built a PC and i really wanna ma[…]