• Crash Tuto for Docker with Hackintosh High Sierra and possibly others OS X

• Tutorials for the installation and post install.

Please remember to read and follow the rules here.

Please Donate or visit my Amazon Wishlist if you've found the website useful. Thanks.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
#35664 by micheldiz
Sat Dec 30, 2017 9:58 pm
First install VirtualBox and make sure you are capable of create any linux VM. Just create any debian or Ubuntu just for test, use for a sec and go to the second step.

OBS. You need to enable in Bios the virtualization options. I enabled all that my motherboard said to be part of a virtualization context. If you enable everything and your hackingtosh machine boots normally. We are in profit.

Step two: Knowing you can create a machine. Download and install the "Docker Toolbox for mac" follow the documentation link https://docs.docker.com/toolbox/toolbox_install_mac/

and link to download the package https://download.docker.com/mac/stable/ ... oolbox.pkg

Step three: When you open Docker Quickstart Terminal (it can open at any time just to be sure the error will happen) the terminal will inform you that you do not have the ability to create a machine because it can not identify that you have the ability to create a functional virtual machine.

This check was placed in Docker Tools because of a compatibility problem. But you can still use Docker Tools, just keep in mind that problems can happen.

You just will not be able to run via Hyper-v. For Hackintosh is not made to think of this technology. It would be necessary to develop a specific solution with the Kernel to have native support. So that's your only way out today.

Step four: Open any terminal (command + space bar and type "terminal" and press enter) - You will need to create a virtual machine via terminal using this command below.
Code: Select all
docker-machine create -d virtualbox --virtualbox-no-vtx-check default
or - if you wanna a specific Docker version
docker-machine create -d virtualbox --virtualbox-no-vtx-check --virtualbox-boot2docker-url https://github.com/boot2docker/boot2docker/releases/download/v17.09.0-ce/boot2docker.iso default
Just copy and paste to your terminal. A new machine with the name "default" will appear in your VirtualBox. It is this name that the "Docker Quickstart Terminal" script is programmed to look for.

Step 5: After the command finishes creating the machine and you notice that it is in the Virtualbox list. Now open the Docker Quickstart Terminal. And it will Turn on this machine and connect to Docker via SSH.

PS. (ATTENTION) You can use Kitematic, but is in beta. It's working pretty okay in my machine. But before use Kitematic do the steps exactly as I showed.

Extra: You can create other machines in parallel using Docker-machine. Use the same command we used to create the default, but use any name you want. This would be useful if you want to play with Swarm. To see more details of the created machine just give the command below.
docker-machine env default (replace "default" with the name of your machine)
Enjoy - I hope it was helpful. Cheers.
pjhartin, lt-tillermann liked this

This topic has 1 reply
You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Advertising