Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
Alright, I'm ready to ask for help. I've tried installing first with HighSierraAMD in which I got hung up at the point of running the install from the HDD because of issues with my video card. HighSierraAMD_V2 I didn't even make it that far. Now I've tried HighSierraAMD_V2 UEFI in which when I go to boot from the beginning, I can see everything load, goes to a white screen followed by a gray screen, and then it just sits there where normally I could select the Disk Utility, Terminal, or install. I tried using the "-radpg=15" flag to the same result. What are you able to suggest for me?

Advertising

Norton287 wrote:Seeing alot of APFS messages, do you have apfs.efi copied to your harddrive/EFI/Clover/64driversUEFI?
Post Merged
No, I dont have it. I could never get there:

I think I got confused when loaded the files to the HDD and the next step was the installation (the image above).

I formatted the drive, loaded OS files, run preinstall, booted from HDD to run installer, run amd command, and then I boot from HDD using config_InjectATI and fakeID 0x67DF1002. Is this OK or skipped steps?

As far as I understand, those steps should me get into the final installer and after that install Clover.
Yes
Post Merged
hoatongoc1 wrote:trying V2, after typing "amd" then restart, my OSX partition is wiped out and it is left as unformatted :geek: :geek: :geek: . I'll try the second time tomorrow to see if it's an error of this build.
It's not an error of the build or everyone would be having the same problem. You need to supply more specifics to troubleshoot with.

Happy new year to everyone :D
Norton287 wrote:Yes
I don't have a EFI folder in the HDD, is this correct? In other builds there is a post-install script but I'm not sure if that one makes de copy of the EFI files to the HDD.
Norton287 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:41 pm
You need to copy apfs.efi to USB/EFI/Clover/64driversUEFI
Its already there but i still get this error. May be the process of placing the file might me incorrect, i mounted the efi partition of installer as msdos on my mac and copied the file to ../../64drivers && ../../64driversUEFI. I am still facing the the issue i mentioned above
Hyde wrote:
Happy new year to everyone :D
Norton287 wrote:Yes
I don't have a EFI folder in the HDD, is this correct? In other builds there is a post-install script but I'm not sure if that one makes de copy of the EFI files to the HDD.
It doesn't automatically copy the files to the efi. After install you need to use clover configurator to mount the USB/EFI and the HardDrive/EFI and copy the USB EFI folder over the one on the Hard drive to get the files over.
Post Merged
nsnihkil614 wrote:
Norton287 wrote:
Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:41 pm
You need to copy apfs.efi to USB/EFI/Clover/64driversUEFI
Is it when booting off the hard drive clover or the USB clover you don't see your hard drive?

Its already there but i still get this error. May be the process of placing the file might me incorrect, i mounted the efi partition of installer as msdos on my mac and copied the file to ../../64drivers && ../../64driversUEFI. I am still facing the the issue i mentioned above
Hi guys! I have some problem with installing. After selecting in Clover "boot to highsierra", i have black screen with "does printf work??" text on it, than after hitting any button PC' goes to reboot.
I tried to change BIOS setting, tried to change Clover boot settings, and tried to change USB ports and nothing helps me.
maybe you have any advice to me?
Read the first part of the tutorial there's a download link for a different installer
Yes
Post Merged
Updated first post
sect0r5 liked this
Cannot finish install hs

I install hs v3 unofficial without any problems, b[…]

I get an error message during installation: "[…]

Can you run applications like Parallels Desktop o[…]

App Store Fix

@chad.. thanks a lot man, now even icloud works.. […]

AMD OS X Advertisements