Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
mrtioiyf wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:53 pm
Hi,

i have a HD6950 2GB which is shown as HD6950 3MB. I am on MacOS 10.14 mojave with Lilu and WhatEverGreen. AMD6000Controller is installed but not loaded. I tried everything with DeInit and os on but still no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

attached my config.plist
and kexts on ../Other
kexts.png

Thank you
Try the deinit method.

Advertising

AlGrey wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:28 pm
mrtioiyf wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:53 pm
Hi,

i have a HD6950 2GB which is shown as HD6950 3MB. I am on MacOS 10.14 mojave with Lilu and WhatEverGreen. AMD6000Controller is installed but not loaded. I tried everything with DeInit and os on but still no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

attached my config.plist
and kexts on ../Other
kexts.png

Thank you
Try the deinit method.
I just noticed that my GPU isn't capable of Mojave Metal.
So I installed High Sierra and everything went fine.
Problem now is that I have some "flickering" on animations or full screen. It is like missing VSync in games...
What can I do? I enabled RadeonDeInit but no luck.
@mrtioiyf, right TeraScale 3 gpus are not supported, only 1st Gen GCN architecture and above. For flickering try changing colors to millions with SwitchResX
AlGrey wrote:@mrtioiyf, right TeraScale 3 gpus are not supported, only 1st Gen GCN architecture and above. For flickering try changing colors to millions with SwitchResX
with switchresx the tabs in safari get black and every is slowed down a lot.
dump you ioreg and share it herein zip format
#Update: I noticed, that my device is in the AMDLegacySupport.kext and not in the AMD6000Controller.kext....
It was in the 6000 back in 10.13 times but with 10.13.6 obviously not ... how do I get it back in?

Just to note: colors were already set to millions. When I set to billions everything got slowed down and Safari tabs got black. But the fullscreen started to work then. Nownwhen I’m going to FS with a window the top bar and some content starts flickering. Geekbench says I have no computational device for measurement of gpu performance.

I also noticed that my GPU doesn’t show in DPCI Manager tool.
DPCIManager.png
IOReg attached.
Patched DSDT attached

Thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mrtioiyf wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:46 am
#Update: I noticed, that my device is in the AMDLegacySupport.kext and not in the AMD6000Controller.kext....
It was in the 6000 back in 10.13 times but with 10.13.6 obviously not ... how do I get it back in?

Just to note: colors were already set to millions. When I set to billions everything got slowed down and Safari tabs got black. But the fullscreen started to work then. Nownwhen I’m going to FS with a window the top bar and some content starts flickering. Geekbench says I have no computational device for measurement of gpu performance.

I also noticed that my GPU doesn’t show in DPCI Manager tool.
DPCIManager.png

IOReg attached.
Patched DSDT attached

Thank you
The ioreg is showing the GPU to be initialized so idk really.
Ok. What is the AMDLegacy kext supposed to do? I expected the 6000 kext to load for my card. When I check the kext content in IOReg my card ID 6719 is not contained in 6000.kext but in Legacy.kext. Maybe it would work if it would part of the 6000.kext?

I also noticed that there is no specific FB which matches my card in 6000.kext. I have DP, HDMI, 2 DVI.
Hi, I'm currently using Mac OS High Sierra on a Toshiba Satellite C70D-A-11Z. He have a AMD Quad-Core A4-5000 APU and a AMD Radeon HD 8330 (device id: 0x98321002). Everything work fine, no problems during installation. I just have a little problem with the graphics. In my System Report, I only have 5mo of VRAM and my resolution is 1600x900 but should be 1920x1080 and I have no kext charged. I tested some device id inject but no luck, it not change anything. (Lilu and WhateverGren are installed). Due to that, Safari is very laggy (lines on the screen) and some black lines on the rest. What should I do ? PS: I can't post any screenshot because I can't use my Hackintosh to go on internet

Hi guys. I'm new here and new in this hackintoshin[…]

Help make USB Installer

Yes, ViciBox v.6 and later 6/7/8 can be successful[…]

Use only the internal GPU of the CPU because you c[…]

I understand what you tell me though I wanted to a[…]