Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: Shaneee
I finally found a way to change the CPU name from the Intel one that shows to AMD. Here you can see mine reported correctly,

To start you will want to download iHex from the App Store. Here is a link for it,
Code: Select all
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/ihex-hex-editor/id909566003?mt=12

You'll need to know what your CPU is shown as in About this Mac before you start. For mine it was shown as Intel Xeon Quad-Core.

Once that's installed open Finder and navigate to, Copy the AppleSystemInfo file to your Desktop and make an extra copy in the Documents to be sure. Now rename the original file inside the framework to AppleSystemInfoBackup.

Once you've done that open iHex and drag the AppleSystemInfo file onto the iHex window. From here you can expand the window so it's easier to read.

Now in the menu bar choose, Edit > Find > Find and change the type to Text and search for CPU. Your screen should look something like this,

Now find the Intel CPU string that you system is showing and note how many characters long it is. This includes the spaces. For my example Intel Xeon is 10 long was changed to AMD FX4300 which is also 10.

Once you've done that from the Menu bar choose File > Save. A popup may appear, just click on Save.

Now you need to open up Terminal and enter this command,
sudo codesign -f -s - ~/Desktop/AppleSystemInfo

Enter your password and you should see "replacing existing signature". Once that's done put the modified file back inside the Framework and open up About this Mac. You should now see your changes :thumbup:

Enjoy.
mido_fedo, aldr01d, Marcyvee and 1 others liked this

Advertising

by: Masterx1010
Sorry leider funktioniert der Befehl: sudo codesign -f -s - ~/Desktop/AppleSystemInfo nicht. Anlegen der Datei schlägt fehl.

Server XXXX:~ macamd$ sudo codesign -f -s - ~/Desktop/AppleSystemInfo
/Users/macamd/Desktop/AppleSystemInfo: No such file or directory
Is the AppleSystemInfo file on your desktop?
EpicTgames wrote:Can You Do Me One?
CPU:AMD ATHLON 860K @ 3.69 GHZ

SIERRA 10.12.5.

Thanks Shaneee :)
When I get time yeah sure. I'm using Windows just now for some work stuff but I'll get it done ;) I'll message you when ready :thumbup:
by: darklord42
What if the origional text is simply 4.02 GHtz "Unkown"? I tried changing the Unknowns but unless I missed one, It didn't change to FX-8370 (would be nicer if Unknown had more characters to put at least AMD but I guess not).
darklord42 wrote:What if the origional text is simply 4.02 GHtz "Unkown"? I tried changing the Unknowns but unless I missed one, It didn't change to FX-8370 (would be nicer if Unknown had more characters to put at least AMD but I guess not).
If it's showing as Unknown then navigate to System\Library\PrivateFrameworks\AppleSystemInfo.framework\Versions\A\Resources\English.lproj and open up AppleSystemInfo.strings in TextWrangler. This app is on the App Store. Find the following and change it to what you want,
	<key>UnknownCPUKind</key>
	<string>Unknown</string>
	<string>FX-8370</string>
darklord42, vitorlage liked this
by: darklord42
Ooh! Even better! It's not limited by characters in that case!
Shaneee liked this
by: hanreev
Shaneee wrote:
darklord42 wrote:What if the origional text is simply 4.02 GHtz "Unkown"? I tried changing the Unknowns but unless I missed one, It didn't change to FX-8370 (would be nicer if Unknown had more characters to put at least AMD but I guess not).
If it's showing as Unknown then navigate to System\Library\PrivateFrameworks\AppleSystemInfo.framework\Versions\A\Resources\English.lproj and open up AppleSystemInfo.strings in TextWrangler. This app is on the App Store. Fine the following and change it to what you want,
	<string>Unknown</string>
	<string>FX-8370</string>
it works :thumbup:
Screen Shot 2017-08-13 at 5.28.51 PM.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Shaneee liked this
by: frle10
Hmm, I also have unknown and I tried the thing with TextWrangler but when I try to save I get an error saying:

The authenticated save for this file failed (application error code: 20004)

Hi guys. I'm new here and new in this hackintoshin[…]

Help make USB Installer

Yes, ViciBox v.6 and later 6/7/8 can be successful[…]

Use only the internal GPU of the CPU because you c[…]

I understand what you tell me though I wanted to a[…]