Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: ilian
i have the same problem ,you get fixit?

Advertising

by: tikizondo94
I have to say, I haven't tried a clean AMD install in some time. Been using the legacy install method forever. Finally tried this vanilla install method and honestly, I've never had an AMD install go so smooth. Serious props to all that have worked on this project!
Shaneee liked this
by: Akiralml
Hi, I've been trying to install high sierra in my pc but I keep getting this screen and I don't know what to do I'm actually pretty new in this hackintosh thing.
My system:
MOBO: MSI 970 gaming
FX8320
10GB ram DDR3 1666MHz
GTX770 2 gb
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
by: Shaneee
by: MadMax1998
I want to chime in and say that I was more confused by the Vanilla AMD tutorial than helped.

I have two years of Intel hackintosh experience, so I know how to prepare boot drives and set up Clover. The main issue is that the tutorial doesn't explain what's happening when you use the Windows-based tools to make the installer USB (I ended up just making it from macOS via -createinstallmedia).
Also, and that's most important, the tutorial has no information on the actual installation of macOS! It simply continues with "after you have installed macOS you can install Clover". No info at all on how to get up and running and what to watch out for.

I appreciate that the tutorial exists but it could use some work. AMD hacking is a lot more complex than Intel, so the more information is easily available (and not buried in forums) the better.
agpennypacker, ckirkp79 liked this
by: Eceiah
Hello guys. I recently joined amd!!
Wanna try ryzentosh but im stucked.
Asus Prime B450M-A
Ryzen 3 3200g
8 gb ram 3000 ddr4
Gt 610 gpu
Please help.
by: FragZiLLa
I can’t get vega 56, a black screen in the center and artifacts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
by: agpennypacker
MadMax1998 wrote:
Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:54 pm
I want to chime in and say that I was more confused by the Vanilla AMD tutorial than helped.

I have two years of Intel hackintosh experience, so I know how to prepare boot drives and set up Clover. The main issue is that the tutorial doesn't explain what's happening when you use the Windows-based tools to make the installer USB (I ended up just making it from macOS via -createinstallmedia).
Also, and that's most important, the tutorial has no information on the actual installation of macOS! It simply continues with "after you have installed macOS you can install Clover". No info at all on how to get up and running and what to watch out for.

I appreciate that the tutorial exists but it could use some work. AMD hacking is a lot more complex than Intel, so the more information is easily available (and not buried in forums) the better.
First comment here since I joined I had a hard time finding where I could comment, but I digress.

Everything I'm going to write is a critique, but I'm going to assume parts are "under construction" and I appreciate the work going in, so I hope this is constructive and not seen as complaining.

But I am having a similar experience to you, came from intel hackintosh and had success for many years through multiple system. Tried the legacy vanilla high sierra first (found somewhere that only certain versions had been an option) but failed thinking the USB had gone bad. Took a fresh look last night and saw the vanilla mojave windows. Started that process and went smooth until the clover install. very incomplete instructions on it, and the windows python scripts did not create an EFI mount separate, so I installed on the clover partition against my judgement. Went through the install clover v5070 (which wasn't verbatim, as there is no "AptioMemoryFix" only "OSxAptioFixDrv" or "OSxAptioFix3Drv") I selected "OSxAptioFixDrv" and went on with everything else recommended.

Now to clover configurator, which just says to mount, but there's nothing to mount that isn't already (again, no hidden EFI mount was ever created) From here I would recommend linking to a previous clover configurator set up.

At this point I'd recommend a link to a UEFI settings page, for beginners to at least realize they may need to change.

Right now I tried to boot, but get a circle with a slash. I'm going to go back into clover configurator and set it up with what I've previously seen elsewhere, but I'm concerned about the lack of a hidden EFI mount like every other install I've done, including the vanilla high sierra.

I'll check back but I see this isn't a very active thread, and if I have success I'll update.

Incase my sig isn't on, my system is:

2700, 16gb ram, rx 560, and b450 asrock itx/ac

EDIT: I ended up on the discord, which was very helpful. In the end I would recommend a beginner to use

https://kb.hackintoshisfun.ml/ as it's more in depth.

For my setup I ended up using the original USB installer, added the 17h (for ryzen) confing.plist from https://github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla. but added 4 kexts. Nullcpu, lilu, whatevergreen, and smalltreeintel82576.

that was it. So far i'm on the install, but as long as I can get it installed I can add clover to the ssd i installed mojave on and get it going.
by: ckirkp79
Hello, I'm trying to install Mojave on my desktop computer (see signature for my stats). I'm using the vanilla.amd-osx tutorial and I'm stuck. I have been stuck for 3 days now. I also tried other tutorials as well. Basically the KB one and the one where you just createinstallmedia and drop the config.plist.

But the one I'm on now is the vanilla.amd one. I'm using virtual windows 10 in Parallels on my hackintosh intel laptop. I don't have a native install of windows and I tried to bootcamp it but it failed. Anyways, reading over every single thing on the tutorial...it's not turning out like it shows in the pictures. I can't find the 10.14.4 in the gibmacos that was used. So I install a diff version and the next step up per instructions in tutorial.

In the pictures it shows the pkg being an exe...but in fact on my computer it's a pkg still and not an exe that I can drop into the MakeInstall portion of the tutorial. I've tried countless times dropping it, copying/pasting it. Nothing is working and I know that file shouldn't be a pkg but for some reason im having rotten luck.

can someone please help me out? My desktop is running Niresh right now (I know distro's bad) but it's the only thing that has successfully ran on my amd box.

Sorry for the book and thanks in advance for any help I may receive.
Post Merged
MadMax1998 wrote:I want to chime in and say that I was more confused by the Vanilla AMD tutorial than helped.

Currently reading the link you linked (all in one guide) and I'm going to give it a go tomorrow morning as its after midnight here and I'm beyond exhausted. Thank you so much for linking that. Hoping it helps me out :)
Post Merged
Following up on my comment, the link worked better as I understood more of the process. However since my R7 250 isn't supported like I thought it was (at least in Mojave it isn't) I don't have full acceleration. No biggies, I'll try to grab a better gpu when I have the money. Tried going the High Sierra route as this card is "supposed" to work in that version better. I couldn't get past the does Print$ work? error message. No matter what I did, that message stuck like no ones business lol. So hopefully if someone is thinking about getting the r7 250, save yourself the time and frustration and don't buy it.

You'll get it recognised with full resolution bu[…]

Hi, i'm Julien from France and i'm a newcomer on r[…]

Got to the install screen where disk utility and i[…]

Hey, looking forward to seeing this link to the mo[…]