Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
by: Shaneee
At the AMD OS X Knowledge Base you'll find a wealth of useful tutorials for AMD. Mainly the Vanilla install tutorials. Find below a list of these tutorials,

More will be added with time.

Enjoy,
Shaneee

Advertising

by: Shakil
With the following tutorial, I successfully installed macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 on my Ryzen 5 1600 setup.
But lot of the apps are not running. It gives "'App Name' quit unexpectedly", faced the issue with uTorrent, TextWrangler from App Store, Photoshop & Illustrator (I'm aware that adobe tools need fix for AMD hackintosh but other app does not and they were running smoothly with High Sierra Installer V3).

I faced another error out of blue when deleting file from finder and emptying trash. The error code is -43

Faced one unexpected reboot too when hackintosh screen went to sleep.

The OS is not smooth as it was when I was using V3 installer.
Help appreciated

BTW, here's my pc spec:
1. APU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600
2. Mainboard - ASUS EX-A320M-GAMING
3. RAM - Corsair 2400Mhz DDR4 8x2 = 16 GB
4. Graphics - AORUS NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB
5. SSD - Transcend 128GB SATA SSD
by: IOIIIO
@Shakil, afaik this is not the topic for that, but to answer your question:
All the apps that you mentioned, other than those Adobe apps, are 32-bit apps which are as of now not supported with native kernel patches.
If you absolutely require them, you can use the older method of a patched kernel, available as the legacy guides on KB.
by: myrsikus
@Shaneee, is kernel development completely stopped? Looking for x86 apps
by: IOIIIO
myrsikus wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 5:30 pm
@Shaneee, is kernel development completely stopped? Looking for x86 apps
Development in the traditional way, can't proceed without Apple releasing kernel sources.
by: aminomancer
I'm pretty confused by the vanilla tutorial. You say to enable recovery-only mode in gib macOS, but that only downloads the 400MB RecoveryHDMetaDmg.pkg file and not basesystem.dmg? Is that intentional? The other tutorials specifically say that you NEED this file, so why shouldn't I need it using this method?
asabr liked this
by: asabr
aminomancer wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:43 pm
I'm pretty confused by the vanilla tutorial. You say to enable recovery-only mode in gib macOS, but that only downloads the 400MB RecoveryHDMetaDmg.pkg file and not basesystem.dmg? Is that intentional? The other tutorials specifically say that you NEED this file, so why shouldn't I need it using this method?
Yes. I have the same doubt
by: RyzenStar
Hi,
I'm following the AMD Vanilla tutorial: https://vanilla.amd-osx.com/
After setting up Clover onto the USB, how do I install the kexts?
The github links only show source and project files.
Should I use Clover Configurator to install the kexts?

I built a Hackintosh years ago use a Core2Duo and a Gigabyte motherboard. Still running like a charm
This is my first AMD Hackintosh. I wasn't thinking of building a hackintosh when I bought the motherboard. When I saw that others have been able to install macOS on this mobo, I decided to try, but am having trouble getting the Installer to get past starting the RandonSeed.

Thanks in Advance

My HW:
MSI X370 SLI PLUS Motherboard
Ryzen 7 1700 running at 3.0 GHz
16 GB DDR4 3200 GHz
MSI RX570 Armour
Post Merged
Hi again,
I tried the tutorial again from the beginning and got further but founnd that Mojave is not supported on my platform (see attached).
Trying again with High Sierra.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
by: KraDzT
Where are the driver-off folders downloaded? because there is no driver-off or driver64uefi in the EFI folder of the CLOVER partition

I have the following hardware specs and everything[…]

@Shaneee , Sorry dude... still didn't work. But I[…]

How do you like the Vega 56? Oh, I'm lovin[…]

@KojiAiba , BBEdit Thanks a lot! BBedit coul[…]