Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.

Advertising

I am having an issue where, the computer shuts off after 10.3.6 install. Not sure what's causing it. I have a FX8350 in Crosshair Formula Z, 32 GBs of Ram with a Vega 56. I am going to try and go backwards to 13.5 then back up to 13.6
by: myname71
Well, I'm downloading combo update 10.13.4 and 10.13.5. I will try to update to 10.13.16 after have applied the previus update following the guide in this thread
by: metrovinz
wukuili wrote:@Shaneee I have updated success from V3 unofficial ,but when I install xcode components,it will freeze or shutdown suddenly,can u help me ,thks

atm have a lot of problems updating from V3 unofficial, i wait update
by: ydeng
IOSKCopyKextIdentifierWithAddress(unsigned long) is not open source. It uses vm_address_t to get the name of the kext (via "OSKext *
OSKext::lookupKextWithAddress(vm_address_t address)") and returns OSSymbol* ( const OSSymbol *
OSKext::getIdentifier(void)). This is an easy fix.
mido_fedo wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:15 pm
Shaneee wrote:sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/Untitled
still same error and this result from Terminal

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.libkern of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _random_buf

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.bsd of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _bpf_tap_packet_in

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.bsd of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _bpf_tap_packet_out

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily]: IOSKCopyKextIdentifierWithAddress(unsigned long)
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use IONetworkingFamily.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.mDNSOffloadUserClient; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IOTimeSyncFamily; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use mDNSOffloadUserClient.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[1859] exited with status 71.
by: AlGrey
ydeng wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:27 pm
IOSKCopyKextIdentifierWithAddress(unsigned long) is not open source. It uses vm_address_t to get the name of the kext (via "OSKext *
OSKext::lookupKextWithAddress(vm_address_t address)") and returns OSSymbol* ( const OSSymbol *
OSKext::getIdentifier(void)). This is an easy fix.
mido_fedo wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 9:15 pm
Shaneee wrote:sudo kextcache -u /Volumes/Untitled
still same error and this result from Terminal

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.libkern of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _random_buf

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.bsd of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _bpf_tap_packet_in

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily]: In interface com.apple.kpi.bsd of __kernel__, couldn't find symbol _bpf_tap_packet_out

kxld[com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:
kxld[com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily]: IOSKCopyKextIdentifierWithAddress(unsigned long)
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.mDNSOffloadUserClient; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IOTimeSyncFamily; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use mDNSOffloadUserClient.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[1859] exited with status 71.
What approach do you suggest exactly?
by: ydeng
AlGrey wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:56 pm
ydeng wrote:
OSKext::getIdentifier(void)).
[/quote]

try this kernel and System.kext with 13.6 IONetWorkFamily.kext
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
by: AlGrey
ydeng wrote:
Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:17 pm
AlGrey wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:56 pm
ydeng wrote:
OSKext::getIdentifier(void)).
try this kernel and System.kext with 13.6 IONetWorkFamily.kext
[/quote]

Great! :thumbup: prelinkedkernel is rebuilding . Can you share details about what you changed in kernel ?
Post Merged
@ydeng Kernel is not booting though
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi thank you for the tuto. File not available anym[…]

A installer for 10.13.6

How long do we have to wait for Mojave ? :D

Yeah sound like it. Look like execution flow didn'[…]

10.13.6 Freezes

Hi, Just log into that volume and do "sudo r[…]

AMD OS X Advertisements