Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
After trying dozens of different configs, I decided to flash my card's vbios with the help of AlGrey.

The card in question is the XFX 560 4 gigabyte model. DO NOT FLASH A 4GB BIOS ONTO A 2GB CARD! DO NOT USE THIS ON DIFFERENT MODEL!

EXACT CARD:
Code: Select all
http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/amd-radeon-rx-500-series/rx-560d-4gb-sf-rx-560d4sfgr
1. Links
2. Getting Ready
First, open GPU-Z and dump the original vbios from the card. Click the Arrow to the right of the "Bios Version" box and save it somewhere safe.

Next, extract ATIFlash to somewhere safe (I did it into Documents), then put the Sapphire vbios into the same directory.

Lastly, in Windows Explorer, click on the navigation bar on the top (Where it says "This PC > Documents") and type "cmd" to open a command prompt.

3. Flashing the Bios
Using the GUI for ATIFlash doesn't work. So, in the command prompt that you've opened, type
atiflash -p 0 -f 197766.rom
if you have one card. If you have multiple cards in your system, remove them.

Press enter and you should see "Restart to finish flashing vbios" (or something similar to that). Restart your computer and open GPU-Z again. The subvendor should be "Sapphire" now, and MacOS will boot correctly.

4. Other Info
I booted into MacOS without any changes to clover, no InjectATI, no Deinit, no LoadVBios and no "-radoff". It should work fine.

Disclaimer: I'm not liable if you brick your card
AlGrey liked this

Advertising

Fix for the 5450 (0x68F9) :
In your config :
-radoff
and enable RadDeInit

+ install kexts.

+SwitchResX : change colors to millions to fix flickering
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AlGrey wrote:
Sat Mar 03, 2018 7:43 pm
The solution for that card is to add the ID (0x67421002) manually to the controllers and change colors with SwitchResX to millions to fix flickering.
Hi budy, I mean the same problem with GPU ID 6778. I did all the steps which you guided Mustafa Salim . I am in the exactly same case of him. Could you please also offer me a solution for it.
Is that the HD 7470 ? Try to fake the the id to 0x67791002.
AlGrey wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:35 pm
Thank you very much for the reply. I have tried everything I can before I ask you. All different tests (including fake ID 0x67791002 with different options in your guide ) has been done, none of them works as expected. Just as I mentioned, I was just in the same case of Mustafa Salim. I did all the steps you guided him. I got the same results like his of all the steps. I found that you finally offered him 2 modified kext. So I did the modification by myself following the guide
https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/293049-guide-mavericks-yosemite-amd-radeon-hd5450/ 
. I think I did the right modification depending on the GPU information from
https://github.com/Clover-EFI-Bootloader/clover/blob/master/rEFIt_UEFI/Platform/ati.c
. But after install the modified kexts for AMD controller. My PC can not boot successfully any more. Always goes to black screen after loading the codes, no matter which GPU option I set. I am doing the reinstall again. And what I Can do after that?
Post Merged
AlGrey wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:35 pm
Sorry. I forget to answer your question. Yes, I think it is HD 7470. Please check my last reply for my case description.
@NaiveVincent, here are the kexts for High Sierra. Use Kext Wizard : 1. to install 2. to repair permissions and rebuild cache
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NaiveVincent liked this
AlGrey wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:17 am
@NaiveVincent, here are the kexts for High Sierra. Use Kext Wizard : 1. to install 2. to repair permissions and rebuild cache
Thank you again for the reply. Firstly, I fix my problem with another direction, I asked the IT guy in my section to offer me another NV card. Although it is only 256 mb, it works.

I still would like to have a try with your offered kexts. Please let me ask a question. I check these 2 kext, I think you simply added 6778 in the right place. Am I right? As I mentioned in last reply, I also modified these 2 kexts, but I modified 6779 to 6778, instead of inserting it directly. After that I can not boot successfully any more. To be honest, I am not positive to the kexts offered by you. This is a just discussion, and I will give you my feed back in the end. I really appreciate to your help.

Anyway, I got a back up plan of using the 256 mb NV card at least. Bless me for the finally test of 6778. :thumbup: :D
Post Merged
AlGrey wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:17 am
Update. Not working from the kexts from you. Can not boot. I am using the NV card now. give up the HD 7470

Thank you.
@NaiveVincent, yes I added the id to the kexts. Make sure you are booting without -radoff and injectati. You can also try to boot with DeINIT and -radoff to fix blackscreen issue
manual injection to amd kexts for dev id 6613 and 6811

open kext wizard
click installation tab
drag the two kexts in there
then INSTALL
then MAINTENANCE tab
check /System/Library/Extensions
then EXECUTE

in config: add bootflag -radoff and set DEINIT
Hi,

i have a HD6950 2GB which is shown as HD6950 3MB. I am on MacOS 10.14 mojave with Lilu and WhatEverGreen. AMD6000Controller is installed but not loaded. I tried everything with DeInit and os on but still no luck.

What am I doing wrong?

attached my config.plist
and kexts on ../Other
kexts.png
Thank you
OsxAptioFixDrv Error

Hi guys, i installed osx yesterday on m2 samsung […]

Has anyone figured out the issue where the instal[…]

oh,good job,dude, i will try it .

Hi, i've trying to install the macos high sierra b[…]

AMD OS X Advertisements