• Install and Post Install of HighSierraAMD Official

• Tutorials for the installation and post install.

Please remember to read and follow the rules here.

Please Donate if you've found the website useful. Thanks.

Tutorials for the installation and post install.
 #32979  by Norton287
 Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:44 pm
This does not work with Enoch Bootloader, download the Clover Installer below and use it for the install if you're using Enoch Bootloader:
Code: Select all
https://mega.nz/#!0yhmFB5J!spDn_Y0opoD_15mysG3W5YWtHDznyGYXvkeJGo7SFhw
1. Download the High Sierra 10.13.2 INSTALLER from the app store, this doesn't deal with the Update from the Updates Section.
2. Let the installer run, and reboot.
3. Once the installer reboots you need to boot off the USB installer, let the installer load. Once the installer loads select Terminal from the Utilities menu.
4. Once Terminal loads enter:
sh /Volumes/HighSierraAMD/AMD/setup_run
5. Once the menu loads you want to Select option 1, enter your hard drive name and let it do its thing.
6 . Once Pre-Install is done choose 11 to reboot.
7. Now you want to boot off the macOS Install from macOS partition or whatever you named your install partition.
8. On boot the installer will run again and copy files, could take some time, once through it will reboot again.
9. Boot off the USB installer again and when the UI loads select Terminal from Utilities menu. When Terminal loads enter the above command again to start the install script.
10. When the menu load choose Option 2 for Post-Install. Enter you hard drive name and Y for all the questions.
11. When finished Choose 11 to Reboot.
12. Now boot off your macOS partition again and a mini install may or may not occur that will last a short time and boot you to desktop. I had the mini install on my install to my 10.13.1 but not to my upgrade of 10.12.6.
13. You're done. Use your eyes and pay attention and you'll be ok.
14. I had issues dual booting windows and my high sierra on the same drive, I had to delete the window partition to let the install happen. I've asked Shaneee about this and am awaiting an answer.

Download Links:
 https://mega.nz/#!V34AnbDQ!qquz3x07jrPMO7Z5dQEx2Vm8qcQ6MuvjspaX3i9xy_A
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9qiqitwjk7s9ey2/HighSierraAMD.dmg.7z?dl=0  

I have an Clover based installer for Radeon cards, PM me and I'll give you the links. Have your specs in your signature as this won't work for NVIDIA. Included on the dmg is a Clover Files folder you'll need for PostInstall.

To begin use Transmac to restore the HighSierraAMD.dmg file to a USB drive, the USB drive needs to be at least 8GBs in size. This tutorial by Shaneee covers using Transmac to restore dmg images to USB: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1213 Once you have the image restored you want to boot off the USB drive. You want to select HighSierraAMD to begin. If you get a Waiting on Root Device message, move the USB to a different port for a few seconds to see if the install continues. If it does not then keep moving ports until it does.

Set your SATA ports to AHCI

Enable USB Legacy support and EHCI handoff

Disable your Serial Port

Enable CSM and UEFI for Hard drives and USB devices

Set Secure Boot to Other OS

Just for postinstall for now, instead of entering start you would enter:

Select you USB drive and hit enter

Choose HighSierraAMD from the menu

Click the next button to load the installer

Click Utilities from the menu and select Disk Utility

Select your drive from the list on the left you want to install to

I already have a full drive so I'll select my old High Sierra partition and click the - button below it. This will remove and redistribute the space to the next partition. Click Apply.

You'll see a dialogue going through removing and resizing the next partition.

Select the Partition button again to create your new HighSierra partition. Now click the + sign below the circle to create a new partition.

Give the partition a name, don't use spaces, and then click apply.

Click Partition to create the new partition.

The partition create dialog will open showing resizing and creating the new partion. When it's finished click Done.

You'll see your new partition show up in the left side list. You want to make sure it's formatted as GUID with extended journaled format.

Exit Disk Utility and click Continue to begin the install

Click Continue.

Click Agree.

Select your new partition from the list and click Continue.

The installation will begin.

Click on Restart.

Boot off your USB Installer again and select HighSierraAMD again.

Click Next

Click the Utilities Menu and select Terminal

At the Terminal enter Start to begin PostInstall, or if that fails enter:

Press Enter

Choose option 2

Enter the name you named your HighSierra volume

Press Enter

Enter Y

Enter Y

Enter Y

Enter Y

Enter Y

Press Enter

Choose option 11 to restart

Choose your USB Installer from the bios boot menu

Select your newly installed High Sierra Partition name

Select your country and click Continue

Choose your keyboard and click Continue

Click Continue

Click Don't Sign In and click Continue

Click Skip

Click Agree then Agree again

Enter your User Account Information

Click Customize Settings

Click Continue then click Don't Use

Select your time zone

Uncheck Analytics

Enable or Disable Siri

Setting up your mac

Now you can install enoch or clover bootloaders

Installing Clover for UEFI

Installing Clover Legacy Bios

Installing Clover to a partition with no EFI

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=3039&p=31494#p31494

Install Extra drivers for Clover with Clover Configurator

Choose Customize

If you have an EFI partition, choose install into the ESP.

If you don't have and EFI partition, choose install into the chosen path.

Check the following options.

Once checked click on install to install Enoch.

For Clover

Mount the EFI of the installer and open the Extra folder, inside will be an Extensions folder. Copy the files from there and place them into your EFI/Clover/Kext/Other folder, or if you're dual booting different macOS versions put it in 10.13.

For Enoch

Mount the EFI of the installer and copy the Extra folder over your existing Extra folder, whether it be in EFI or local hard drive. I've attached a good org.chameleon.boot.plist and an imac14,2 smbios.plist. If you can't boot with the 14,2 plist revert back to the 5,1 from the installer and try again. Also if you have an Nvidia card, you want to add NVIDIAWebDrv=Yes to Kernel Flags of the org.chameleon.boot.plist to load you web drivers every time.

I have attached zips of Clover Configurator (ccv.zip) and Kext Utility. I suggest when making your USB you copy them to the root of the drive to have when you get ready for post install.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jaredfayne liked this
This topic has 44 replies
You must be a registered member and logged in to view the replies in this topic.

Advertising