Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

Help with AMD OS X after installation.
by: bili23
I have Phenom 965 BE and with VoodooPstate loaded I need to put it to maximum frequency 3400MHz to have good performance (for example HD 1080p videos on youtube without framedropping), when I put it to "On Demand Performance" its performance is very weak (can't play HD Youtube videos without frame drop). It says kext is loaded, SMBIOS MacPro 3,1 , CPU Detected as Intel Xeon 3,4 GHz. Any thoughts ? Should it be put to maximum frequency all the time to work normally ?

Advertising

by: Shaneee
On Demand is the best option as it selects what is needed at that moment in time. If you set the frequency it'll be on that speed constantly which will cause it to heat up.
I think it's working good with voodoopstate removed. Overall performance in apps, HD videos and the rest is better. I think voodoopstate slows it down. Should it be like that ?
VoodooPState has an issue going over a certain speed. It's on my todo list :thumbup:
I see. So we're waiting patiently for successful results :D But please correct me if I'm wrong - without voodoopstate it's working 100% speed all the time right ?
I don't think it's full speed all the time no. PState just gives more control.
Hanfred liked this
by: Hanfred
I'm facing the same problem since 10.13, is there a solution yet?
by: tikizondo94
Hanfred wrote:I'm facing the same problem since 10.13, is there a solution yet?
I was able to correct the issue with specific values in clover and voodootscsyncamd.kext on my FX 8350. I used to use voodoopstate but was never happy with the down clocked results. Check amdosx on discord. There's plenty of info on how to get processor pstates working with our AMDs

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

by: Hanfred
Thank you. I'm on Intel now because of the "simplicity", but I'll keep an eye on AMD.
New look on the site. Nice

Yes, this looks awesome! This makes everything eas[…]

Please, tell me, at the time of installing the Sie[…]

Will do this evening (Europe time). Just to note: […]

I currently have Sierra V5 installed, but I would […]