Welcome to AMD OS X

Why not register now to gain full access.

by: CREDWARD
Hi! I installed Snow Leopard successfully and I got to the setup mac os x screen. But when I make an user account it comes up with a kernel panic and freezes. At this point I don't know what to do as I don't know what kernel panic error it is. I hope to get it fixed and get onto the Snow Leopard desktop... Thanks!

Advertising

by: Olaf Neumann
Hello CREDWARD, please enter your Hardware Profile in your Signature. Without Hardware Info nobody can help. Greetings from Germany
CREDWARD liked this
@Olaf Neumann, Is this better?
Hello CREDWARD, yes, that is better. What Image did you install? The Image from Norton (15 GB Size from this Forum)? Or did you install from the Retail DVD from Apple with a Boot-CD? Tommorow I will look, if there is a special Kernel for your AMD A6 CPU. As I remeber from a year ago, when I started with Snow Leopard, there where Kernels for AMD Athlon and AMD FX.
Post Merged
Hello CREDWARD, did you use this Image "SnowLeopardAMD.dmg" from this Link: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=4482 ?
Post Merged
Hello CREDWARD,
I didn't find a Kernel special for AMD A6-3420, but a Wiki about patched Kernels.

Here the Link: http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index ... ed_Kernels

I also found this about somebody (Os x 10.6.8 on Amd A6-3620 help), who also
has the same CPU/VGA as your Notebook, here the

Link: https://www.osx86.net/topic/23096-os-x- ... 3620-help/

Seems that you will get Snow Leopard not satisficed working.

A Option can be, that you let a higher OS X like Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra or High Sierra run
in VirtualBox for Example. When you read the Wiki about patches Kernels, then you find out, that
your CPU is better supported.
CREDWARD liked this
@Olaf Neumann,

Hi! Thanks for letting me know! I did once get Yosemite to the desktop using Hackintosh Zone but their were no graphics going out... It only said Display 3mb. I could download the Yosemite here from amd-osx website and see if it would work better! The only thing about Snow Leopard thought is that I get an error while it creates the user account... Besides that the install work as the boot into the hard drive from the usb works and yes it's from the amd-osx snowleopard from this website... Other then that I don't know what else to do? If their are anything else on that laptop you can find please let me know! Thanks!
Hello CREDWARD,
I have an Acer Travelmate and I didn't get Snow Leopard to run. Your Grafikcard is a big Problem, you will get Yosemite running, but maybe without graphics acceleration. That's the reason why I use a Desktop AMD-PC, because I can change the Grafikcard (I have a GT 220 and GT 710 what works out of the Box) and the Prozessors (I have a 2 Athlon X II and one FX 4300),
so I change for every need of Mac OS (from Snow Leopard to HighSierra).

Oh, before I forget, I have no Experience with "Clover", I never used a other Bootloader then "Enoch".

Greeting from Germany.
CREDWARD liked this
@Olaf Neumann, Hi! Thanks for responding! By what you said I could just get it back into Yosemite desktop and try some stuff from there... Thanks!

When you boot to Clover you'll see other boot ar[…]

I installed the SSDT-EC0.aml into \ACPI\patched\ a[…]

You need to add it as a patch under ACPI options i[…]

https://i.imgur.com/gClxs80.png I follow this g[…]