wyldrixie's Music System

wyldrixie

AMD OS X Member
Hi all,

Just wanted to post my build for future reference and to share with you !
I'm using it for audio recording and mixing.

Here are my specs:

Mobo: GIGABYTE X570 GAMING X
CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws V 32GB
GPU: Sapphire RX580 8gb
PSU: Fractal Design Ion+ 660P

SSD: Kingston A2000 500GB NVME M.2
HDD: 2x Seagate BarraCuda 1TB 3.5" SATA III

Wifi: BCM4360 with PCIe adapter
FireWire: IO Crest SY-PEX30016

Not Working:
FireWIre Audio (Drives and other peripherials are functionning but it cannot initialise audio via firewire, even if devices are recognized and appears in system profiler)
Bluetooth (My card is defective but never bothered me)

Working: well, a whole bunch of awesome things:

USB is correctly mapped with USBMapper
Shutdown without rebooting (yay)
integrated Mic and Audio
HDMI Audio
AppleTV and all stuff needing DRM

Latest version of Reaper - 6.64 as of writing (with the macOS 10.15+ Universal release= it uses CLANG as a compiler ;) )
Waves v13 with AMDFriend
See the screenshots for the list of plugin developers, all of them works.
For some plugins wich refused to be scanned or popped a security error while scanning I used a blend of BatChmod and sudo codesign -f -s -

It is not the most powerfull build out here, but I ordered all the parts just before Covid hits. This is my second attempt at hackin' this system, the first attempt was under Catalina and was not working to my tastes.

I used Shaneee's EFI as a starting base and adapted/downloaded/updated the remaining kexts/drivers/ACPI for my platform using the Opencore guides. So big thanks Shaneee !

Wish you the best folks,
Cheers from PQ,

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.