WiFi and Ethernet Issues on Gigabyte Aorus Master X Z790 with Sonoma

Danish297

Member
AMD OS X Member
Joined
Oct 26, 2021
Messages
52
Hi @Shaneee / @Edhawk /All,

I'm seeking assistance to get my WiFi and Ethernet working on my Hackintosh setup. Here are the details of my configuration:

Configuration:
  • CPU: i9 14700k
  • iGPU: Intel HD770
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus Master X Z790
  • RAM: 96GB
  • NVMe: Kingston 1TB

ACPI:
  • DMAR.aml
  • SSDT-EC.aml
  • SSDT-HPET.aml
  • SSDT-PLUG-ALT.aml
  • SSDT-RHUB-Reset.aml
  • SSDT-RTCAWAC.aml
  • SSDT-USBX.aml

Kexts:
  • AirportItlwm.kext
  • AppleALC.kext
  • AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtionFirmware.kext
  • BlueToolFixup.kext
  • CPUFriend.kext
  • CPUFriendDataProvider.kext
  • CpuTopologyRebuild.kext
  • IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext
  • IntelBTPatcher.kext
  • IOSkywalkFamily.kext
  • Lilu.kext
  • NVMeFix.kext
  • RestrictEvents.kext
  • SMCProcessor.kext
  • SMCSuperIO.kext
  • USBMap.kext
  • VirtualSMC.kext
  • WhateverGreen.kext

Attempts to Fix WiFi and Ethernet:
1. Applied Aquantia-macOS-Patches and set Kernel->Quirks->ForceAquantiaEthernet to TRUE.
2. Followed guidance from this MacRumors thread.
3. Added WiFi, Ethernet, and Audio device properties from Hackintool.
4. Mapped my USB ports.

The machine boots fine with the current setup. However, when I add AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtionFirmware.kext, it gets stuck at AAPL: #[EB|LOG:EXITBS:START]. I've tried troubleshooting this using Dortania's guide without success.

I've attached my config files, device details and logs too for reference. Any help to resolve the WiFi and Ethernet issues would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your support!
 

Attachments

  • EFI.zip
    32.3 MB · Views: 9
  • Device_dtl_Hackintool.png
    Device_dtl_Hackintool.png
    162.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Sonama14.4.png
    Sonama14.4.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Usbports.png
    Usbports.png
    93.1 KB · Views: 6
  • opencore-2024-06-21-112431_Notworking.txt
    256 KB · Views: 1
  • opencore-2024-06-21-111327_Working.txt
    256 KB · Views: 3
  • Notworking_config.plist
    38.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Working_config.plist
    37.7 KB · Views: 7
Solution
@Danish297 / @tuort

Found an oversight on my part. Please try this:
  1. Discard the two V2 versions of the SSDT that were provided earlier today -- they are incorrect
  2. Use either of the two previous SSDTs (SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP01-34C0.aml or SSDT-AQUANTIA-AQC113C-RP01-93C0.aml)
  3. Add the attached SSDT-DTPG.aml and enable it in config.plist
  4. Reboot
  5. Post IOReg file once again
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.