Various X86PlatformPlugin errors in log

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I was looking at log show --last boot | grep -i ACPI and noticed a bunch of these records.

Anyone knows what this is about..? Gigabyte B550I Aorus AX, BIOS F16e.

Code:
kernel: (IOPlatformPluginFamily) X86PlatformPlugin::getCPUPStates - acpiPSArrayObj is not an valid OSArray
kernel: (IOPlatformPluginFamily) X86PlatformPlugin::getCPUPStates - acpiPSArrayObj is not an valid OSArray
kernel: (IOPlatformPluginFamily) X86PlatformPlugin::publishACPIStates - Failed to get CPU P States!
kernel: (IOPlatformPluginFamily) X86PlatformPlugin::publishACPIStates - Failed to get CPU P States!
kernel: (IOPlatformPluginFamily) X86PlatformPlugin::publishACPIStates - Failed to get max non-turbo PState. Set max non-turbo PState to default value 1
kernel: (IOPlatformPluginFamily) X86PlatformPlugin::publishACPIStates - Failed to get max non-turbo PState. Set max non-turbo PState to default value 1

This is IOReg, X86PlatformPlugin:

Screenshot 2022-12-26 at 15.32.53.png

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
The only place that has anything related to this is this ancient post on InsanelyMac with typical incomprehensible solution/fix. I have no idea what the author meant by
and count from index 0 (top) till you reach it.
For example in my case, I only have one turbo state so the next highest non-Turbo would be 1
...since I don't get how to recognise what is non-turbo in the list of Packages he cites as example.

ExtremeXT

Donator
Donator
I was looking at log show --last boot | grep -i ACPI and noticed a bunch of these records.

Anyone knows what this is about..? Gigabyte B550I Aorus AX, BIOS F16e.

Code:

This is IOReg, X86PlatformPlugin:

View attachment 9200
AFAIK these are normal because AMD CPUs don't support Intel's XCPM, it happens on my desktop too.

atanvarno

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
That makes sense.

Looking at ACPI on Gigabyte B550I BIOS F16e, I see ACPI table (attached) that contains code similar to the mentioned post on InsanelyMac.
There's also this in IOReg, which I assume is set as some kind of fallback.

Screenshot 2022-12-29 at 18.07.23.png

Wish I had time to learn how XCPM works and what it is looking for...

Attachments

• System SSDT-4.dsl.zip
    6 KB · Views: 1
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.