USB Map for GB X570 AORUS Pro MB

echoesoflife

New member
Joined
Dec 16, 2020
Messages
8
The four USB2 ports are controlled by a hub, that is why they show under the same port (HS03).

You need to set HS03 as USB2 (0) connector type and all four ports should work.
Thank you very much for the pointer, makes perfect sense!

I attempted to re-map the HS03 port into USB2 via Hackintool. I updated the ACPI and Kext for USB, however, it didn't lead to any improvement / /change.

I also tried using the RHUB method and pointing to the HS03 port, however I didn't succeed here either (yet)

I assume that I need to look into the ACPI provided in this forum and manually re-point the USB port - something that I would experiment with over the weekend.
 

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
Joined
May 2, 2020
Messages
910
When you made the changes in Hackintool, USB tab, did you Export a new USBPorts.kext?

Did you use the new USBPorts.kext in your /OC/Kexts folder, in place of your current USBPorts.kext?
 

echoesoflife

New member
Joined
Dec 16, 2020
Messages
8
When you made the changes in Hackintool, USB tab, did you Export a new USBPorts.kext?

Did you use the new USBPorts.kext in your /OC/Kexts folder, in place of your current USBPorts.kext?
Thank you very much for your prompt responses and kind help. Really appreciate it.

I spent few more hours today with Hackintool.

Answering your questions, yes, I did use new USBPorts.kext and exported it from Hackintool.

Today I was able to make a little bit of progress.

I went ahead and mapped the ports in Hackintool from scratch. USB 2.0 hub is still not properly mapped, i.e., it only appears as a single port.

I did re-assign it as USB 2 in Hackintool.

Once I exported the USBPorts.kext into /OC/Kexts and rebooted, the port itself did update as USB 2.0 - which is progress.

However, the behaviour is still intact, and Hackintool wouldn't detect any USB activity in any of the four USB 2.0 ports.

I attach a screenshot after mapping with Hackintool and rebooting, as well as my current EFI folder (I tried both XHCIlimit on and off with no effect here).

I am hoping that I haven't missed anything very obvious!!

Thanks again for your time.


View attachment 6736
 

Attachments

  • EFI.zip
    20.3 MB · Views: 1
Top Bottom