[Solved] Updating OpenCore: Questions in Adjusting conflig.plist

Pgranix

AMD OS X Member
Some speed bumps in path to update OpenCore 0.6.3 to 0.8.4:

1. I don't know to add the FullNVRAMAccess and LoadEarly. I've done other adjustments since I was able to lookup in the Configuration and Differences pdf. But for these, they are not listed in any of the two docs for this path so it can't be referenced. There are multiples of them and if do add them, what would I put under Key, Type and Value.

2. It is stated that LegacyEnable is missing. However it is in my config.plist however its set at "False." Do I have to set it to "True?"

Attachments

• Compare plists.jpg
    Compare plists.jpg
    293.3 KB · Views: 11

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
  1. You need to use the latest version of Corpnewt's ProperTree to edit your config.plist.
    1. Use the Clean Snapshot feature, it will automatically add the missing entries for the Tools & Drivers.
  2. No you need to delete 'LegacyEnable', as it has been removed from the newest version of OC.
If you had started with the Sample.plist for OC 0.8.4, then any old unused entries would not be present and raising unnecessary errors.

Pgranix

AMD OS X Member
Now I get this.
1. Key Serial is not present in the config.plist.
2. SerialInit, AllowNvramReset, AllowToggleSip are there set to False. Should they be deleted as well?

I did the cleansnapshot and the sample.plist I'm referencing is in the OC 0.8.4 folder.

Attachments

• 4.png
    4.png
    31.4 KB · Views: 12

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
The error related to Missing Key: Serial, is saying that your config.plist doesn't contain the Misc > Serial Section, which is shown below.

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 19.18.11.png Serial section highlighted in red rectangle, as found in the Sample.plist from OC 0.8.4

This is the opposite of the other three errors, where you probably have the three entries in your config.plist, but shouldn't. As they were removed and replaced with other entries. Below is a screenshot showing the Misc > Security section in the current version of OC.

Screenshot 2022-09-24 at 19.22.17.png If your Misc > Security section has other, additional, entries remove them. These 13 x entries are all you should be using.

Pgranix

AMD OS X Member
I got it working. Sometimes I can't believe I even have a brain. Of course, If you have entries in the config.plist that are not in the sample.plist, then they don't belong. The "3 errors" were not removed by OC clean shot and I eventually realized, after my brain booted up, that those entries needed to be removed since they were not in the Differences and Configuration pdf's for OC 0.8.4

The Serial entry I just copied from the sample.plist and pasted into my config.plist

Once gain, Edhawk, THANKS! (y) By the way, Canis lupus is my favorite animal as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.