Trouble getting bluetooth to work in 12.1 [solved]

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Hello!

I've got most things working but I can't seem to get bluetooth to work. I know there are issues with bt and Monterey - but I see a bunch of posts about people getting everything working successfully. I'm wondering what the trick is, or if there's only specific hardware that works. any insight would be great!

I've tried 3 different wifi/bt cards - and wifi works with all of them, but bluetooth doesn't work on any of them.

I've tried the following -

native Intel Wifi6/bt that came with the Asus proart x570
fenvi t919 pcie add-on card (supposed to be plug & play with osx)
older apple wifi/bt card from my MacBook Air, via pcie 1x add-on card

kexts:

for intel - airportltlwm, BlueToolFixup & intelbluetoothfirmware
for apple/brcm - airportltlwm, BlueToolFixup, brcmfirmwaredata, brcmpatchram3

I do have a Broadcom bcm94352z somewhere that I've used successfully in the past, might dig that up and try it.

if anyone knows of a wifi6/bt5 mini pcie or add-on card that works please share! I'll just get one of those.

thanks!

1643562377585.png

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Are you using v1.1.3 or newer?

What additional steps should I do to make Bluetooth work on macOS Monterey​

1. Make sure IntelBluetoothFirmware.kext v1.1.3 or newer is used.
  2. Exclude the injection of IntelBluetoothInjector.kext for macOS Monterey from the Bootloader's config
  3. Include BlueToolFixup.kext from acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Is your USB Map correct? That's the only other thing I can think of causing it not to work. I don't know of any native WiFi 6 / BT 5 cards for macOS though. There are "issues" with the Fenvi card which is why I opted for the BCM94360CS2 and PCI adapter. Not had any issues with it either. Handoff/Airdrop/Watch Unlock all work perfectly even on Monterey.

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Oh yeah - good call. I'll try making a new usb map - it has the original intel bt included but I didn't make a new one for the others that I tried. yeah the MacBook Air wifi/bt card I have is the BCM94360CS2. let me try that again...

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Oh yeah - good call. I'll try making a new usb map - it has the original intel bt included but I didn't make a new one for the others that I tried. yeah the MacBook Air wifi/bt card I have is the BCM94360CS2. let me try that again...

Best thing about the BCM94360CS2 is you don't need any kexts for it. It just works :p

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Yep - after remapping usb, bluetooth works! I opted for the BCM94360CS2 - seems to be fully working!

2 more things that don't work, but I'll start new threads for that after doing a little more research. thanks for the tip!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.