Trouble Booting OpenCore for High Sierra on FX8350

birdpause

AMD OS X Member
Hi there, first time trying to run get a setup up and running, and I'm encountering a boot issue whenever I try to install Big Sur on my setup. Whenever I plug in my USB stick I'm getting a black screen with a flashing cursor. I'm assuming it's something I've gotten wrong in my config.plist, but I wanted to reach out here for support. I'm working with the following hardware:

CPU: AMD FX 8350
GPU: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
Chipset: AMD760G
USB wireless mouse and keyboard, can provide more information
Audio Codec: Realtek ALC887 @ ATI SB750 High Definition Audio Controller
Network Controller: Realtek RTL 8168/8111
Ethernet Adapter: PHY Realtek RTL 8111

And here is my config.plist with my serial number removed. This is probably a mess lol so any help is welcome.

While I'm thinking about it, what's the highest software version I'll be able to run with this setup? I opted for the High Sierra installer because it looked like the last one that was supported with my hardware, but if I can run anything higher, that'd be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• config.plist
    38.3 KB · Views: 0

birdpause

AMD OS X Member
Oh shoot, I posted this in the Big Sur forum. Don't see an option to move it or delete it. My bad y'all, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.