The right way to keep my EFI updated

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Hi guys,

It's been almost a month since I made my first hackintosh. Thank you all for your help.

I was wondering what was the right way to keep my EFI folder up to date. I saw that they released the update of Open Core (7.2) and maybe even some Kext.

How can I keep my folder updated? It is worth updating MacOS or it is better to stay at the current version except from problems?

(y)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Personally to update OpenCore I'll either download the latest Release or build it from source. Then replace the BOOT folder, OpenCore.efi and the drivers I require. Then I use OCConfigCompare from CorpNewt to compare my config to the Sample included in the Release to see what changed. All this is tested on a USB before copying to my main EFI just to be safe.

RyzeCooker

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I follow the same approach as Shaneee. I grab the compiled debug version (I like to see EVERYTHING! ;)) from Github. Use a dedicated USB boot stick to test my updated EFI to make sure haven't missed anything and it still actually boots. Only then do I copy the EFI to my actual boot drive. I use Lilu and Friends to compile the latest versions of my required kexts. Easy peasy.

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
Good evening guys,
Thank you for your reply.

I was watching the OCconfigCompare and after comparing my config.plist file and have found a series of shortcomings, I compared the sample.plist file of version 7.1 (with which I did my confing.plist) with the new reference one.

When I updated my folder, I updated the openCore file with all the files in the various directories but I have not redone the confing.plist file.

I came a doubt: when I update my EFI folder, I have to also redo the confing.plist file taking the new version?

Schermata 2021-08-25 alle 21.24.34.png

Aluveitie

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
@Pulsar You have two options: take the new sample config and copy over your settings from the old one, or take your old config and adapt it according to the Differences.pdf that comes with OC.
(If you skipped more than one version you'd have to get the Differences.pdf from each version you skipped too).

Pulsar

AMD OS X Member
@Pulsar You have two options: take the new sample config and copy over your settings from the old one, or take your old config and adapt it according to the Differences.pdf that comes with OC.
(If you skipped more than one version you'd have to get the Differences.pdf from each version you skipped too).

Ok. Sounds good. Is there a way to copy the new sample over the old one while keeping all the changes I made earlier? I don't think it's to be recompiled in full.

EDIT: Then I also watch the video calmly.

Thanks to all guys as always for the help

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.