System shutdown after login - MacOS Catalina 10.15.7, Ryzentosh

CLU_042

AMD OS X Member
Specs:
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor

MSI B450 TOMAHAWK MAX ATX AM4 Motherboard

Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory

Sapphire Radeon RX 5600 XT 6 GB PULSE Video Card

Samsung 970 Evo 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (Windows)

Samsung 860 Evo 1 TB SATA SSD (MacOS)
I've had Catalina running quite smoothly for the past few months on my system, but yesterday when I chose the Samsung 860 SSD to boot into from the OpenCore Bootloader, it went into the "Installing macOS" screen. Thinking I had chosen "Install macOS" on the Bootloader menu by accident, I restarted my computer. So now when I choose to boot into the 860 Evo drive again, I get to the macOS login screen, as usual, try to log in, and seconds later the entire system shuts down -- as in everything powers off.

I think part of the issue was that MacOS was trying to update itself, and in doing so broke itself? I believe I didn't have automatic updates off while using macOS.

I removed the -v flag from the config.plist a while back, so I have no way to tell what the issue is. I can still get into recovery from OpenCore Bootloader, but re-installing MacOS doesn't seem to work, and I don't have any time machine backups to restore to. I ended up accessing the drive externally and updated the config.plist to show verbose. I found the following (sorry for the potato quality):

Verbose1.pngVerbose2.pngVerbose3.png

Any direction or assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.