System is suddenly rebooting after startup

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
I'm not totally sure what would be causing the system to reboot after startup - but that's where I am!

Everything was stable for a few days after the initial install/config. I haven't made any opencore or macOS changes. What I did do is install windows on a separate drive and play some games. windows OS was online for less than a day. but now - macOS just keeps rebooting. windows drive is unplugged. I've tried resetting nvram, no dice. anyone have suggestions?

(system details in my sig below)

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
When exactly does it reboot? Is it when you launch something specific? When it reboots do you get a popup saying there was an issue?

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
It reboots at the login screen, or right after when programs start loading. This used to happen occasionally (rarely) to my last build, but flipping the psu power switch off for a few seconds would fix it. There is a popup on login (when it gets that far) saying the system rebooted because of a problem.

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Try booting in safe mode. Enable PollAppleHotKeys in your config and when at the OC picker press Win + X then boot the partition. This should boot in safe boot. It should let you login without issue and get the panic log to see what's causing it.

j4ys0n

Donator
Donator
AMD OS X Member
Ahh - perfect. thank you!

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.