SUCESS GIGABYTE TRX40 AORUS PRO WIFI (rev. 1.0) Threadripper 3960X

mSedek

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I got my GIGABYTE TRX40 AORUS PRO WIFI and threadripper 3960X with radeon 5700XT working perfeclty but I can't reboot or shutdown unless I hard press the power button for several seconds..

been reading and can't find anything related, I followed dortanias guide step by step for trx40 and generated SSDT this way

step 1-Dump DSDT
step 2-FakeEC
step 3-USB Reset

took only:
SSDT-EC.aml
SSDT-USB-Reset.aml

to the ACPI folder .. I don't know how else to solve the issue.

another issue is I have 4x 16GB memory modules and the SMBIOS generated was macpro7 and keeps telling me at login that the max memory supported blah blah , should I change the SMBIIOS fon an iMac 2017?

thanks in advance

maranz

AMD OS X Member
Hello, I got my GIGABYTE TRX40 AORUS PRO WIFI and threadripper 3960X with radeon 5700XT working perfeclty but I can't reboot or shutdown unless I hard press the power button for several seconds..

been reading and can't find anything related, I followed dortanias guide step by step for trx40 and generated SSDT this way

step 1-Dump DSDT
step 2-FakeEC
step 3-USB Reset

took only:
SSDT-EC.aml
SSDT-USB-Reset.aml

another issue is I have 4x 16GB memory modules and the SMBIOS generated was macpro7 and keeps telling me at login that the max memory supported blah blah , should I change the SMBIIOS fon an iMac 2017?

thanks in advance
Well, mine is 8x8GB on an iMac 2017 and I don't get any error msgs. Might be worth a try....

AudioGod

Guru
Guru

step 1-Dump DSDT
step 2-FakeEC
step 3-USB Reset

took only:
SSDT-EC.aml
SSDT-USB-Reset.aml

thanks in advance
You need to Map your USB if you haven’t already plus you are missing SSDT-USBX.aml
Memory errors due to 7,1 are purely cosmetic but you have two options to correct the error message.
1. Use the restrictevents.Kext
2. Map your memory.

By the look of it to me you have not read though the OC guide properly and skipped past many parts of it that hold all the answers to your problems.

Kentsoon

AMD OS X Member
@mSedek
I have the same MoBo and CPU like you.

Did you get your system running? would you mind sharing your OC EFI Folder or Config.plist?

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.