Sonoma Installation Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Pro 16ACH6

DC87

AMD OS X Member
Hi Everyone!

I am thinking about installing Sonoma on my laptop.
The specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800H
RAM: 16Gb
GPU: Integrated AMD Radeon + GeForce GTX 1650
Network: Realtek RTL8852AE WiFi
Audio: Realtek ALC257
Drive: Samsung NVMe SSD 970 EVO Plus
Other: HDMI, USB-A 3.1, USB-C 3.1, Integrated SD-CardReader, charging via proprietary connector but also USB-C charging possible.

Does someone have experience with similar config? What are the odds everything will be doing ok or at least without too much additional effort to make things running? Does it make sense at all, given this config?

Thanks in advance! :)

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You will not find installing macOS straightforward with your laptop, the main reasons being as follows:
  1. The Nvidia GTX1650 is not supported in any version of macOS. It will have to be disabled if you try to install macOS using s custom SSDT.
  2. The Samsung 980 NVME drive in your laptop is known to cause problems in macOS and should be replaced with a Western Digital Drive if possible, or only used as a data or Windows drive, if you have space for two drives in the laptop case.
  3. The Realtek WiFi card in your laptop is not supported in macOS. It would need to be replaced with a compatible WiFi/BT card, Intel or Broadcom.
You should be able to use the integrated AMD graphics for macOS if you install NootedRed.kext.

DC87

AMD OS X Member
You will not find installing macOS straightforward with your laptop, the main reasons being as follows:
  1. The Nvidia GTX1650 is not supported in any version of macOS. It will have to be disabled if you try to install macOS using s custom SSDT.
  2. The Samsung 980 NVME drive in your laptop is known to cause problems in macOS and should be replaced with a Western Digital Drive if possible, or only used as a data or Windows drive, if you have space for two drives in the laptop case.
  3. The Realtek WiFi card in your laptop is not supported in macOS. It would need to be replaced with a compatible WiFi/BT card, Intel or Broadcom.
You should be able to use the integrated AMD graphics for macOS if you install NootedRed.kext.
Thank you! Getting another hardware, especially new SSD isn't really worth it for me personally, so.. will stay on my current OS then :D

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.