SOLVED / AMD - B450 - Sapphire RX580 in compute mode - BIOS error message and Black screen at boot

lucB

AMD OS X Member
EDIT :
Sorry didn't find a way to move this post to post installation
After NVRAM reset and reinstall, I can now see the desktop but with some strange visual glitches.
I closed this one and post in post install.
------------
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install Catalina 10.15.7 on a new hardware (below) :

I first had a half install success : correct install, boot ok, wifi&bluetooth working BUT very annoying screen glitches (random noise lines and some flashing blank rects at the bottom of the screen)) and every say 1 to 20s a black screen or a grey or a random noise screen .
My GPU is a sapphire pulse RX580 8Go V2 (dual boot) and was noisy (my goal is to make music and music development).
So I switched It to compute mode (more silent and 0 fan mode) via the micro-switch on the card cause I don't intend to play on it and look for max. silence

Now, on boot, I get a bios message American Trends "The VGA card is not supported by UEFI driver" and CSM is forced to on (which I disabled following Dortania openCoreGuide) then I get a black screen (of death).
it loops to that error if I try to put back CSM on disabled.

Just to try : I added in boot args : -agdpmod =pikera, it didn't help.....
Someone could help me ? (please)
I used the Dortania install guide and openCore 0.6.3 and doublechecked my actions

My hardware :
AMD 3950x, 32Go RAM,
Asus ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING ITX bios 3004 (fairly recent one)
Sapphire pulse RX580 8Go V2 (dual boot) in compute mode
Samsung 970 EVO plus NVM2 M.2 2TO
Case Fractal Node 304,( my goal was / is to build a very powerful yet compact system ).

My bios settings :
EveryThing to Auto
some parameters were not visible (ex. above4GDecoding), so I added the boot options required I think following the guide
I tried to put CSM off but at boot, it's re forced On
Fast Boot disabled
Secure Boot : I've tried UEFI Windows mode and Other OS, no changes

I've no clue of what happens...
I would really really appreciate if someone would care. I must have made a noob mistake somewhere....

I attached my EFI :

Any help would be greatly appreciated....
Best regards. LucB

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.