Sleep issue on Sonoma with Opencore 0.93

jet liu

AMD OS X Member
Fistly, I had a happy story, I booked Sonoma successfully according to Dortania's guide, and running one week without no problem.
Here is my hardware:
  • CPU: AMD Ryzen 5900X
  • Motherboard: ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PRO WIFI
  • RAM: ACER 3600MHz, 64G (16G*4)
  • Graphics: 6800XT
  • NVMe: 1TB SN850X *2
  • SSD: 500G SANSUNG 860 *2
  • HDD: WD 6T *4
  • WiFi: Intel AX200 (built in MB)
  • Netcard: Intel I225V,2.5G (built in MB)
  • Operating Systems: Windows 11 in one M2, Sonoma in another M2
  • Bootloader: OpenCore0.93
  • SMBios: MacPro7,1
ACPI:
SSDT-EC.aml: created by SSDTTime
SSDT-USBX.aml: from Dortania's guide
SSDT-I225V.aml: from a Chinese Forums, it's the way to fix the driver of Intell I225V, without this file, the system reboot before launth the deskdop, and the netcard no work.
Kext:
all Kexts are the latest version, and I mapped the USB with the USB toolbox in Windows 11, I did't find issue.

What's working:
All apple functions, except airdrop
Wifi, bluetooth, erthernet 2.5G, internal sourd card ...
Sleep and wakeup,, I just test 1 time, it's running good.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I used this system everyday, and did not find crash issue,,but today,, I left 30 minutes, when I came back, the system sleep, CPU fan stopped, only power light wasin breathing. while I move the mouse, the CPU fan started, I thought it wake up..but I wait about 5 minutes, the screen was still black, so I press the power button in short, the power supply shut down. Oh, that's sad story begin...
When I pree power button again, and opencore started, choose the Sonoma system, the boot press stopped with this issue" opencore acpi sleep states s3 s4 s5"
I tried many ways: delet the 3 ACPI files one by one, delet usb mapping.kext, clear the nvram, shut down the PC and unplug the power and waitting 1 minutes....
but the system still can not boot again, still bloked by "opencore acpi sleep states s3 s4 s5".
PS: I can still boot Windows 11 directly, it means the hardware is not broken.

So, I have no idea now,,,anyone can help me ? Thanks for your any advice.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.6 MB · Views: 49

jet liu

AMD OS X Member
Finally, I fixed this issue, by loading the default setting of bios. The system booted successfully.
But, still something unknown of ACPI, such as, I deleted all ACPI files, the system also can boot and run well. does it mean AMD don't need rename the EC?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.