Ryzen5 3600 with GTX 1060, upgrade to 6600 XT later

martro

AMD OS X Member
I ran High Sierra a couple years back on an i7 which went really well, I was wondering if that would work just as well today with a Ryzen5 3600 with a GTX 1060. I plan on putting in a 6600 XT later and that hopefully means I can upgrade the OS. I looked at some guides earlier (not from here) and the thing is some of them have contradicting information, such as no XT support on High Sierra+, also one of the more trustworthy forums told me numerous times I could not load a wifi driver on my laptop, which also was a -lie-, I think of it as that as everyone told me this over and over again but I got it working

Edhawk

Guru
Guru
You can run macOS High Sierra with the Ryzen 5 3600, while using the Nvidia GTX 1060.

You will need the latest version of the Nvidia Web Drivers, as there was an issue with the drivers not working a little while ago. See this post over at Tonymacx86 for details and links to the latest drivers, installation processes etc.

The Motherboard you are using will have more baring on how you set up your OpenCore config.plist. But as you don't say which board you are using it is not possible to say what edits you will need.

The OpenCore guide is fairly easy to follow.

Start with the Main guide, where you collect the necessary SSDT's, kexts etc.

Then switch to the Ryzen config.plist guide, where you edit the sample config to suit your set-up.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.