QuickTime screen recording broke

El'Xsanori Leo

AMD OS X Member
Guten Tag!
A month ago I installed macOS 13.6 (OC 0.9.5) on my PC. Everything was working perfectly, but a few days ago, after a week of not using my hackintosh, I found out that the screen recording feature is broken. It was definitely working earlier, because I have some recordings after the system installation. Now it says "Your screen recording can not be saved" and the preview of the video looks like on a screenshot (sorry for Russian language, nothing p*litical). Small areas of my screen can anyway be recorded without any problem, but when I try to record the whole display, I get this error and macOS begins to stutter until I reboot the PC.
What have I tried:​
  • Updated macOS to 13.6.1​
  • Updated OpenCore and kexts​
  • Updated and reseted my BIOS​
  • Reseted NVRAM​
  • Cleared shikigva defaults (there was only one *Decode option there; but haven't tried to remove the shikigva=128 boot option, because it will probably break HW 4.x, anyway it was compatible with screen recording earlier)​
  • Checked my disk with diskutil​
  • Looked into logs (but maybe I was checking the wrong one)​
Nothing helped(
So, could anyone, please, help me fix my screen recording? OBS is an option, but I prefer QuickTime, because it's a part of the system...
P.S. I am using Windows 10 on my other Samsung drive and I updated that OS before QT broke, but I haven't updated Catalyst (I use Amernime). Also, before the problem appeared, I installed Wacom software, but uninstalling it didn't help. I can even be sure that I haven't used any software but FreeCAD after the last successful recording attempt...

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2023-11-06 в 21.20.03.png
    Снимок экрана 2023-11-06 в 21.20.03.png
    52.5 KB · Views: 2
  • Снимок экрана 2023-11-06 в 21.23.44.png
    Снимок экрана 2023-11-06 в 21.23.44.png
    102 KB · Views: 2

El'Xsanori Leo

AMD OS X Member
Now it started working again (0_o)
After a reboot it definitely wasn't recording my screen, but now, after some time (I only ran VDADecoderChecker, tried to get AppleGVA logs again and did some web searching) it began working (-,-)
I refuse to understand this...

UPD. After a reboot the same behavior returned back. Now nothing helps, like before. I'd really appreciate if anyone tell me, how to fix it or at least how to get logs...

UPD. 2. Tried to update macOS to 14.1.1, didn't help... But at least now I am sure that there is no direct dependence on that how long it has been since the boot time. I am beginning to think there are no dependencies at all!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.