Solved problems when shutdown,reboot and hibernate.

hector789

AMD OS X Member

System Specs:​

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
  • Motherboard: B550 steel legend
  • RAM: Corsair 2x32GB 3200MHz
  • Graphics: RX 6900XT
  • WiFi / BT: BCM4360
  • Operating Systems: Windows 11 Pro - Ventura 13.5
  • Bootloader: OpenCore 9.3
  • SMBios: MacPro7,1
when I turn off and want to turn on I have to disconnect the AC cable or it doesn't turn on, it's as if I had no power, reboot and hibernate the same but only the fans are turning on and I have to disconnect the AC cable

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IORegistry.zip
    1 MB · Views: 1
  • usb map old.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 1
Solution
Hi there,

Just had a quick glance at your EFI. It looks like you've enabled your USBX ACPI twice and an unneeded SSDT-UIAC (which is actually for the USBInjectAll.kext). This is probably why you have system power button/USB issues. You must only use SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml for the USB. The only time we use SSDT-USBX only is when the SSDT-EC-USBX causes issues with certain configurations so we separate the two functions using just SSDT-EC & SSDT-USBX while disabling SSDT-EC-USBX. As you already have a custom USBPort.kext you don't need SSDT-UIAC. However you may have to redo your USBPort.kext and disable USB 2.0 for a new kext rebuilt as historically they have caused issues with sleep & wake on AMD hackintoshes. Disabling it should...

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
Hi there,

Just had a quick glance at your EFI. It looks like you've enabled your USBX ACPI twice and an unneeded SSDT-UIAC (which is actually for the USBInjectAll.kext). This is probably why you have system power button/USB issues. You must only use SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml for the USB. The only time we use SSDT-USBX only is when the SSDT-EC-USBX causes issues with certain configurations so we separate the two functions using just SSDT-EC & SSDT-USBX while disabling SSDT-EC-USBX. As you already have a custom USBPort.kext you don't need SSDT-UIAC. However you may have to redo your USBPort.kext and disable USB 2.0 for a new kext rebuilt as historically they have caused issues with sleep & wake on AMD hackintoshes. Disabling it should help, and as you have a Broadcom card it should provide BT with full system sleep and wake function.

However you are also missing a handful of useful SSDTs, namely SSDT-HPET (for the graphics and audio), SSDT-PLUG, SSDT-SBUS-MCHC (for the system management controller) and SSDT-USBW (for USB wake issues). Adding these in should help stabilise your system further.

FYI as a note some B550 motherboards (such as Gigabyte B550 Vision D) require patches for the USB XHCI / PTXH renames. I'm not sure if you need them at this point, but it could be that you do.

Solution

Middleman

AMD OS X Member
You also need to disable XHCIPortLimit, as that is not needed under Big Sur onwards.

Last edited:

hector789

AMD OS X Member
Hi there,

Just had a quick glance at your EFI. It looks like you've enabled your USBX ACPI twice and an unneeded SSDT-UIAC (which is actually for the USBInjectAll.kext). This is probably why you have system power button/USB issues. You must only use SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml for the USB. The only time we use SSDT-USBX only is when the SSDT-EC-USBX causes issues with certain configurations so we separate the two functions using just SSDT-EC & SSDT-USBX while disabling SSDT-EC-USBX. As you already have a custom USBPort.kext you don't need SSDT-UIAC. However you may have to redo your USBPort.kext and disable USB 2.0 for a new kext rebuilt as historically they have caused issues with sleep & wake on AMD hackintoshes. Disabling it should help, and as you have a Broadcom card it should provide BT with full system sleep and wake function.

However you are also missing a handful of useful SSDTs, namely SSDT-HPET (for the graphics and audio), SSDT-PLUG, SSDT-SBUS-MCHC (for the system management controller) and SSDT-USBW (for USB wake issues). Adding these in should help stabilise your system further.

FYI as a note some B550 motherboards (such as Gigabyte B550 Vision D) require patches for the USB XHCI / PTXH renames. I'm not sure if you need them at this point, but it could be that you do.
Just leave SSDT-EC-USBX-Desktop.aml, custom USBPort.kext and I have created SSDT-HPET, SSDT-SBUS-MCHC. The SSDT-PLUG was not necessary to patch, SSDT-USBW (for USB wake issues) I did method 1 of the dortania guide so far it works.
thank you so much.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.