Problem virtualbox and parallels space

rnesheik

AMD OS X Member
Captura de Tela 2020-12-26 às 19.39.59.png

In parallels, I can't print because it crashes the computer.

the following message ´the performance of the virtual machine may be affected because the virtualization package has been disabled on mac´

Can anybody help me ?

my settings

Ryzen 7 2700

b450 tomahawk max

rx 5700 xt mech

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Parallels uses the Apple Hypervisor which won't work on AMD. For VBox make sure you're using the latest version for Big Sur and the kexts have been approved in the System Preferences.

rnesheik

AMD OS X Member
Parallels uses the Apple Hypervisor which won't work on AMD. For VBox make sure you're using the latest version for Big Sur and the kexts have been approved in the System Preferences.
I managed to run the parallel, virtualization was disabled in the bios, but it is crashing a lot .. the virtual box is not starting the kext has been approved in the system preferences

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator

rnesheik

AMD OS X Member

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
Uninstall VBox using the tool provided. Open Terminal and run sudo csrutil clear.
Reboot and install VBox again, then approve the kexts and reboot. Now try it again.

rnesheik

AMD OS X Member
Uninstall VBox using the tool provided. Open Terminal and run sudo csrutil clear.
Reboot and install VBox again, then approve the kexts and reboot. Now try it again.
Getting the virtualbox to work thanks

here the video memory size is limited to 258 mb, how can I increase it?

Last edited:

Shaneee

The AMD Guy
Staff member
Administrator
That's a limitation of VBox. I don't think there's a way to increase it.

VirtualBox said:
VirtualBox doesn't use the GPU. Not directly. It has no access to the GPU's memory. What you see as graphics RAM in your VM is actually plain, normal RAM from the host, not from your GPU.

laikos

AMD OS X Member
I managed to run the parallel, virtualization was disabled in the bios, but it is crashing a lot .. the virtual box is not starting the kext has been approved in the system preferences
May I know which version of the parallel are you running? I have tried the trial version 16. Since I do have the license on my macbook air. My problem is when I tried to boot the Windows Guest, the screen goes back. The CPU indicator the cpu utilization about 70% on the virtual machine. One interesting I got from this thead is about the "Screen Recording" permission. I will check again with that enabled.

Back
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.